Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Nox 800 showed up on Monday

Rick(ND)

Even though I made a copy of the owners manual on line and read it twice while waiting for mine to show up, I wasn't ready and had to get the copy out to go though a few thing. Maybe I just read it and nothing stayed in between my ears, in one ear and out the other.
I didn't even know how to turn it on and had to look it up as the buttons were small and being old it is hard to see the small markings. Started pushing buttons and see how they all work and between that and looking up different items in the owners manual sure made a difference. I was indoor so had to turn down the sensitivity and go though trying different targets and see how they would respond and see I have a lot to learn on this detector I didn't learn reading the owner manual..
I had charged up everything and seen where I used 2 new phone charger I seen when charging the Nox that charger got hot and as it was charging it cool down, so figure as it get fully charged the charger don't have to work as hard. The headphone with the same type of charger didn't get hot at all.
the Nox has a good feel to it and I have a little wobble if I whip the coil, but swinging slower like I normally would I don't notice it. The wireless headphones paired up easy once I re read the instructions a couple of times. I will say I was worried if I could hear the signals with my bad hearing with the wireless set up and I will say I was surprised as how well I could hear with them. I even tried my wired headphones and they too have the volume I need, so nothing to worry about there.The signals seem to sound good and just have to set it up more as too many targets sound the same in 5 tone or 50 with my hearing, so back to the owner manual again and once I do it enough times I will understand this detector before getting out with it as we just got about another foot of snow dumped on us here in ND.
Got to read more tips from those that can get out with theirs in the coming weeks so I will be ready to go when I can get out. Keep all the info coming and feel we are going to see more people getting theirs in the next couple of weeks.
This is a very interesting detector and think it will do well once a person tweaks it a little when we understand what does what even though factory setting look to be good to start with.

Good Luck everyone.

Rick

Congrats! Glad you got it in. Hope you’ll tell us all how you get along with it.

If you don’t mind me asking, where did you order from and when? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Good luck!

Congrats on getting your detector Rick!! Might have to do a road trip to get some hunting early hunting in, snowing and 25 degrees here today:thumbdown:

I got mine from Windy City detectors, ordered it I think in late Sept or early Oct when they were announced with a small deposit of 10% and paid the remainder when it was sent.
Everytime he heard something he let me know and even said if I found a better deal and wanted to cancel he would refund my deposit, perfect deal in my book.

Rick

Hello Rick,

Remember when we first received our Sovereigns early ninties, that was one long tough learning curve and it had no screen or ID. Wasn't until later Minelab supplied the small ID meter, knob wise very simple to set but the audio boy was it tough to understand at first.

Here we the Equinox, Have gone over the manual but I'm like you hands on will probably help me understand the Equinox. Mine should be here next week, I think we'll both like the performance and quickly learn the basics to this neat detector. Those long learning curves are behind us, after learning the Sovereign and then the Explorer XS Equinox will be a so simple and light.

Good luck Rick!
Paul