Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Nox lost today...

new multi tones vrs fbs in dry soil ?......good report.....the truth is all we want...good or bad.
I Agree Elmy the truth is all i want stcking with my Etrac!

I usually try not to hunt in dry conditions as you can kill the grass very easily digging a plug. I have quite a few silver dimes with the Equinox 600. Only 7 so far this year. I will say that I have hit 10" dimes with the 600. I run Park 1 and Field 2 pending conditions of the area I hunt. I am by far no expert,but the 600 has done me very well.

Jkline great to see your double swinging as you know this well take care of the one ways .I find it's easier to crawl inch at a time that way you cover both directions . The key is coil control 2 foot swings not 6 feet can't control the coil i use this in heavy thrash.

If that dime was a nickel the ctx would have been a jumpy mix of ids as the nox with the dime since it was a shallow target both detectors would separate it from the un know en masking object that was with it rust pieces . Both detectors find dimes and nickels but the nox would kill the ctx on nickels that are masked with iron and the ctx would kill the nox on silver masked with iron .Coppers wheats zincs and so on there =.

Example found a silver roosie with the nox the dime was on edge between 2 square nails like this = the coin was 2 inches deep only one way pop both directions and the pop was a short repeat. Swinging like this ll with coin on edge in between i only hit the face of the coin coming into it both ways there was no halo from the nails they looked clean as they were gray colored the nox was iding 19 maybe indian i though .So i grab my ctx and get the same pop short both ways but the ctx was saying 12.43 i was in ferrous coin as you can see the nox with silver in iron does not id right if it had been a nickel the nox would id right and the ctx would not .

So i think you had a blended target nail rust whatever the ctx is much better at iding silver mixed with some form of iron with a accurate id had it been a nickel the nox would give the better id.

Gunwolf as far as missing these coins that were missed at the permission happens all the time ever get a signal that only repeats every other time and you know where it is but still only get it every other time well if you go over it once normal swinging what's to say it well sound off on that swing but by crawling or double swinging that second swing may light it up .sube
Sube, maybe you hit it - ferrous coin, (on the Ctx) could be the reason you hear the silver in between the nails when the Nox doesn’t.
The Nox doesn’t have a ferrous tone like the Exp II had or the Ctx has.
That is what I miss on the Nox, I can’t put it into a ferrous coin tone to hear those missed targets.

@JK, one more thing to remember is too many swings over a target might detune the machine signal, (doesn’t matter what type of detector).
Tony

@Ted-- it has found me silver too. What I'm trying to figure out is how much, if any, silver is the Nox leaving in the dirt.

I'm not crapping on it. This last experiment was really troubling-- and a 4" seated quarter that gave an iffy signal, that had it been the end of the day I would have passed up. So not telling people to sell the machine, but am just throwing out my findings and what I have to do maximize coins in the purse. And with this machine, in my soil, I have to go very slow and explore every high tone blip.

Iffy signals on ctx/etrac are hit and miss-- iffy signals on the nox seem to have a greater chance of being a good target-- especially dimes.

In it's favor, I found a wl half near two transformers, that my etrac could not have found. It seems to do better, with my ears, in EMI. It's a beach detecting dream-- walked 20 miles with it last month on the OR coast-- had it been my ctx, my right arm would be dragging the ground now.

Did some prospecting this week-- gold modes sure can find lead and 22 casings. Wasn't expecting much-- mainly flour gold there, but you never know.

I might experiment a bit today. First I am hunting an old house that is coming down in a couple of days with my 600. Then I am heading towards an old school site that netted me some very deep wheats with the 600. I am taking my Explorer SE with the 12x10 Detech coil to see if I can find anything.. I will report my findings later! Good luck and HH!!

That is odd indeed why the Equinox would not respond to that silver dime...
I have had my Equinox for close to two years now and it has impressed me from day one... I have more confidence in that detector than any other detector I have owned or tried.
Like Jim ( aka earthlypotluck) posted above, I have never found as many silver coins as I have with this detector, and what is surprising is that many of them were not all that deep, gave very good signals, and these finds came from
sites that are mostly public that I have been detecting at for at least 10 years on and off.
I agree with your statement.. we all miss targets and think we are covering an area very good, but it does not take much to miss coins.
When I got my Equinox I was advised by Jim to swing slow.. actually not even swing, but more like scan.
I took his advice and using this method has been very productive for me.
As long as I am finding something, I do not have any problem going slow.. in my opinion that is why many of the coins I found are still there.. others swinging too fast.... just my opinion.
About that IH cent you found, I have found several with my Equinox and one in particular (an 1859) read a solid 16.
As best as I can remember the others read 19/20.
fwcrawford -- that 1859 is a "fatty" Indian Head, different composition of metals from the newer ones, and that's why it read 16, vs. the normal 19-20. Fatties read lower than regular IHPs...

Steve

Sube, maybe you hit it - ferrous coin, (on the Ctx) could be the reason you hear the silver in between the nails when the Nox doesn’t.
The Nox doesn’t have a ferrous tone like the Exp II had or the Ctx has.
That is what I miss on the Nox, I can’t put it into a ferrous coin tone to hear those missed targets.

@JK, one more thing to remember is too many swings over a target might detune the machine signal, (doesn’t matter what type of detector).
Tony
Tony it would of made no difference what mode i was in the ctx would of hit it. All ferrous coin does is put one target on the 12 line and one in the iron bin.
(FERROUS COIN ALSO WILL PUT A FALSE ON THE 12 LINE AND A TARGET IN THE IRON BIN)
this is why people liked the explorer over the ctx . But using high trash or any other mode on the ctx well act the same as the explorer .

This is where we get are fe and co #s high trash is my checker for to confirm what ferrous coin is seeing my user mode button is set to high trash to check the fe and co #s if i get a 32.45 and it's bouncing higher i'm interested if it reading 32.45 or above . 33 34 35.45 i am not that means it;s bouncing from 32.45 to 35 .45 also if the iron bin is showing a red diamond game over move.

The fe line is like iron bias on the nox if i had my fe line set at 28 in the above nail coin combo i would of got low low low but set at 32 i get low high low why i am accepting the nail if i don't the nail well null and drive the high tone low.

AS far as coin disappearing sweeping repeated i have never seen this in fact i could sweep a coin all day till my arm fell off and it still would be there .Going to pinpoint trace it would only get bigger and better with more sweeps the coin builds with each sweep.

Getting back to the nox it's a great detector but it is geared for low conductors the explorers and ctx are geared to high conductors so as the nox would not see this coin i still think there was iron with it and iron and silver seem to be a weak point with the nox not when the detector can separate the 2 but when so close they become a blended signal this is where the ctx well give a more accurate id. sube

fwcrawford -- that 1859 is a "fatty" Indian Head, different composition of metals from the newer ones, and that's why it read 16, vs. the normal 19-20. Fatties read lower than regular IHPs...

Steve
I was surprised it gave such a low reading after seeing what it was… I figured since it was thicker, it would have given a higher signal.
First one I have ever found.