Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Nox will hunt deep.

Dan(NM)

I was hunting an old abandoned ball field today, Park 1, running 2 tones, recovery 7, iron bias 0, 0 disc, tone break to accept 19 and up, full volume from -9 to 40 and 1 pitch from -9 to 18. I only had a couple of hours to hunt this morning so I was cherry picking high tones only. I had recovered 9 or 10 pieces of clad from the trash, shaking my head each time I hit a coin, because I know for a fact I had covered this same dirt 3-4 times with the CTX. I started chasing some iffy semi repeatable high tones just to see what was in the ground.

I got a scratchy, but a repeatable high tone if I wiggled the coil real fast in very short sweep. The first hit was coming in at the mid to high 30's and I figured it was deep iron, I scrapped away 5-6" of dirt and the signal improved but the numbers were unstable, bouncing around the upper 30's. I was down about 13-14" when I found what was sounding off, part of an old aluminum can. I've noticed aluminum likes to bounce somewhat if it's irregular in shape and size.

I made another pass and got an almost identical type of hit and very close to the same VDI's only they stayed in the low 30's not bouncing into the mid to upper 30's. After scrapping 7-8" of dirt, I rescanned the hole and the signal cleaned up and was more of a mellow sounding, unlike the aluminum hit, this time staying around 32-33. At 10" I popped the target out, a shell casing from almost a foot deep :super: I know it's not a silver coin or gold ring, but, that hit gave me a surge of confidence, that this dog will hunt!!!

Later in the day, I headed to a vacant lot that had surrendered some stuff over the last 3 years to the Etrac and CTX to see if the Nox could sniff out some stuff. I was running the same setup and started chasing iffy signal from the start. There used to be an old house here at one time and it's nasty with nails, brass, copper chunks and bits and pieces of aluminum everywhere.

Every signal I dug was right next to trash or had iron in the hole with the target. I dug 2 wheats, the lipstick case and the good luck token in the trashiest part of the yard. Needless to say, I am more than pleased with the Nox and can say it has surpassed what I was expecting, hands down!!

I've been off for the last week and picked the most polluted places that I've hunted in the past with the Etrac(small coils) and the CTX(6" coil) My goal was to take the CTX out on these hunts to cross check signals, but, after hunting with the Nox, I lost interest in bringing the CTX along. Not only that, it's a big time waster and a hassle to switch back and forth between machines. Actually, I was having way too much fun with the Nox to even care.:)

This is a really good post, Dan. You are doing great with the 'Nox. The more I read, the more it matches my own experience -- this thing will HUNT in the trash! In the past, my general tendency was to veer away from/avoid the trash. Strangely, I feel myself drawn to the trash, with this machine. It fills you with the feeling that it has the capability -- that it's "at home" picking through junk. It's a strange feeling, that I'm having to adjust to...almost like being afraid of the deep end of the pool, and then you learn to swim, and you start feeling the urge to jump off the diving board!

NICE JOB, Dan!

Steve

sgoss66 said:
This is a really good post, Dan. You are doing great with the 'Nox. The more I read, the more it matches my own experience -- this thing will HUNT in the trash! In the past, my general tendency was to veer away from/avoid the trash. Strangely, I feel myself drawn to the trash, with this machine. It fills you with the feeling that it has the capability -- that it's "at home" picking through junk. It's a strange feeling, that I'm having to adjust to...almost like being afraid of the deep end of the pool, and then you learn to swim, and you start feeling the urge to jump off the diving board!

NICE JOB, Dan!

Steve

Lol...that's great way to put it Steve! After swinging the Etrac and CTX for a while at a snails pace and listening to an almost constant nun in the trash, made me shy away from these places or run to the cleanest spots :) It's kinda like dating in high school, the trashier the better :smoke:

Dan(NM) said:

NICE JOB, Dan!

Steve

Lol...that's great way to put it Steve! After swinging the Etrac and CTX for a while at a snails pace and listening to an almost constant nun in the trash, made me shy away from these places or run to the cleanest spots :) It's kinda like dating in high school, the trashier the better :smoke:

LOL @ YOUR analogy, Dan!

It's an amazing machine, that I can tell is going to allow me to develop a new skill. I have worked to learn to "hunt deep," and yet I'm weak on hunting in trash. That's going to change, with this machine available to me...

Steve

laplander said:
Great results Dan!!
The soil looks really dry there?
Laplander
Thank you, It's drier than a bone here, 2" of rain in the last 5-6 months. I had to use a prospectors pick to dig in that field.

Dan(NM) said:
Great results Dan!!
The soil looks really dry there?
Laplander Thank you, It's drier than a bone here, 2" of rain in the last 5-6 months. I had to use a prospectors pick to dig in that field.
Hunted in 3 inches of snow here today, wait till you see what I found:surprised: