Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The 'ole Sov XS STILL has it!

gfatizzi

Yesterday I went to the barber and got my haircut (high and tight flat top):)
This morning, I went to my favorite park and the "Barber" came to me! Nabbed a beautiful 1911 dime among dozens of pull tabs and screw caps near a huge maple tree. I was using the 5X9 NEL Sharpshooter coil running full manual sensitivity with no falsing (LOVE this coil by the way). It was about 8" down with a pull tab in the same hole!. Funny thing is it sounded like one signal in all metal but in disc I was hearing the pulltab first part of swing then a higher tone at the end of the swing. Also dug a deep clad quarter and pulltab the same way. Even though the recovery speed is slow on this machine, it will produce if you swing slow and LISTEN close.
Going meterless really pays off because you can really concentrate on the excellent modulated tones this 25 yr. old machine produces. Long live the SOV! HH, George
PXL_20220509_205815524~2.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220509_205859419~2.jpg
    PXL_20220509_205859419~2.jpg
    864.9 KB · Views: 133
Beautiful barber!! The sov is no slouch. It can pull coins out from highly infested junk areas and your hunting expedition proves this.

My old Explorer XS is quite the metal detector with it's factory coil especially. Slow and low! I pair it with the wasp headphones and it smells silver even better than my ETrac! Congratulations on your outing!