Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

the ones you have to give back

vanner

I had an agreement with the club that I could keep all the coins, but had to return all the jewelry .Well just to really make my day I found my first gold ring. Then a few days later, after a "Lord of the rings" battle with "My precious".. not to mention the battle with the wife, I thought I had better hand it in. Sorry... I had to use an apple, I never had a carrot to go with the diamonds

:garrett:Aleast you pulled a gold ring! Conrats!

[size=large]someone is still crying about the loss of this ring. looks to be one of a kind and expensive. not your run of the mill kay rings. very nice design.

HH[/size]

What club is making you turn over your gold??? I would not want to be a member of it...If a ring can be returned, I will do it on my own...NO ONE touches me Gold!!!

HH,

well Im not a member of the club so I was pretty much a guest .Its a rugby club so between the car-park area, the fields its quite a large area to detect.. and its all mine. I did ok coin wise On my first morning the car-park gave up $40 in one and two dollar coins in an hour and a half before going home for breakfast ,so I really am fortunate ,even with returning the ring

I think you got suckered on this one. Somebody is wanting "free" gold at your expense. I would not turn over the gold unless it has a name on it or is a class ring.

I'd be interested in knowing what they did with the rings. I'd bet you a day in the sun they
kept them for themselves..
Salida

Thats terrible...even private gardens dont ask for more then 50-50, this is a total ripoff...you may as well have said...well you spend $1000 buying a detector and then you keep everything or nothing if theres nothing there, your not a slave...get a deal or leave..theres a thousand others who are willing to give you everything or half not some (i get to cherry pick while you get to work all day and then hand it over)...hell thats like nigerian diamond miners

Thats is a very nice ring.

I hope you live up to the agreement you made and keep your word to turn it in. The gold shines, but nothing will shine more at that club than your name if you honor it.

HH
Mike

If i found a great find id probably have taken it in to show them, after all someone might have lost something and have a 'please help' sign for it, but ask first before you detect if theres anything gone that they can tell you about and not just say "oh yes some gold, if you find some bring it in and ill tell you if i lost it".

I am trying to get permission for an old farm here they have never allowed detectors on there since it was origonally bought (18th century) but if they said i had to hand everything over id consider that a basic (NO) and move on, there are always more places and its not worth spending what could be months of every years to make someone else money, let them hire my detector and find it themselves, theyd change their minds in a couple of days if they are as lazy as they seem

Vanner's experience is not unusual, as there are several sports clubs in his area which allow a person to detect, on condition that any valuable items found, other than coins, be turned over to the club. These clubs dont have to allow us to hunt there, and the philosophy is, " that the ring (or whatever) does belong to somebody". People who lose valuable in these places usually report the loss to one of the club officials, hence it can probably be returned to its rightful owner. I dont have a problem with that, and I agree with Mike Hillis; i.e. an agreement is an agreement. We are there at these clubs' suffrance, and they can very easily boot us out, or withdraw permission to detect. Well done Vanner, hope your success continues. HH

Gotta agree with Vanner/Mike H/Furious T. The deal was agreed upon beforehand. Vanner, I really commend you for your honesty. Many would have pocketed it and said nothing. Even with your wife questioning your 'sanity':), you doing what you agreed to. Integrity is a rare thing these days.....but not with you.

SOmeone said, "The gold shines, but nothing will shine more at that club than your name if you honor it."

Well, yea but under your name is another name: SUCKER. Still, you gave your word and your word
reflects who you are. The next time, keep your fin gers crossed.
Salida

I'm not one for stealing someones lost stuff...dont even believe in the finders keepers, losers weepers but for them to make a demand like that unless your willing to go along with it which im not then id walk away, i like detecting to find historical items but im not going to offer my services for a "all you find is mine", if thats what they want they can go hunt it