Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Ringfinders

Ronstar

Is anybody here associated with The Ringfinders? When I purchased my new detector it came with a free one year membership, I spoke with the founder Chris by phone when I first joined on. The idea is a sound one and he seemed quite nice and knowledgeable. I attempted to enter and follow directions to reset my password enter the site as a member, password reset. Next day unable to get in and third attempt locked me out. Waited a day and I thought successfully reentered and reset password, awoken in the middle of the night with “someone attempted to reset your password” auto email. This was all in a two day span.
Now I have been inundated with spam calls from the British Columbia area leaving no messages and spam emails for metal detecting stuff.
I have informed them to remove my name from their listings. My spider senses are up, anybody know anything about them? Or is this buyer beware type thing?

I have heard of them and seen a few posts around of their finding lost items for people. Mainly lost in water items. Seem to be legit. HH jim tn

I think they charge A FEE TO JOIN.. If someone in your area loses something metal they will inform your. I see guys posting their ads on various social media. They expect to be paid a fee for their services. Some say they will look for money for gas and their time and then a reward for the find I have never charged for going and looking for a lost item. If someone insists i will reluctantly accept a reward.

You are correct, it is $60 a year to be a member. My initial was free with the new detector purchase thru the retailer. I spoke initially with Chris on the phone who is the CEO and when I filled out my profile I put if locally no charge. He called me back and said they prefer we say $20 to cover gas and reward depending on their ability to pay or offer. He had a story about a member who was paid a reward by the insurance company on a percentage of the value which $1500 was paid out. Ok, that could be a good thing.
My gripe was an almost immediate inundation of spam calls and emails once my number was on their website. It was to the point I asked him to remove me from their site, which he did. He simply responded thats the first time thats ever happened. He made no effort to apologize or attempt to get me to remain if he could correct the problem. Thats when the red flags flew up! I think he has had problems and knows it and his reaction is what I know to be “guilty knowledge.”
I figure if they are truly representing the sport more people here would know more about them either way. I may be wrong but spider senses usually close to the target.

You are correct, it is $60 a year to be a member. My initial was free with the new detector purchase thru the retailer. I spoke initially with Chris on the phone who is the CEO and when I filled out my profile I put if locally no charge. He called me back and said they prefer we say $20 to cover gas and reward depending on their ability to pay or offer. He had a story about a member who was paid a reward by the insurance company on a percentage of the value which $1500 was paid out. Ok, that could be a good thing.
My gripe was an almost immediate inundation of spam calls and emails once my number was on their website. It was to the point I asked him to remove me from their site, which he did. He simply responded thats the first time thats ever happened. He made no effort to apologize or attempt to get me to remain if he could correct the problem. Thats when the red flags flew up! I think he has had problems and knows it and his reaction is what I know to be “guilty knowledge.”
I figure if they are truly representing the sport more people here would know more about them either way. I may be wrong but spider senses usually close to the target.
ring finders ? this is the link....

Last edited:
Google: TheRingFinders.......

clare is under my post...on the etrac forum...He may know ?.....check my top post.. a very successful coin pattern

Im not saying this is a bad outfit by any means. I think the service is needed but somehow a massive amount of spam got generated from what had to be that site. There is no listing under BBB to check business ratings and that may be that they are in Canada. I was assuming folks across this forum would know more about them if legit or highly known.....

I have no idea about it....just that he was in it from his gold ring found attachment.

Pay a few to join...no thanks.
I got a deal on one year free membership with my new F5...you get all this...

photostudio_1601306007343.jpg

Don't say anything about all that spam, so again...no thanks!

Never wanted to pay for what I can do for free!

I dont really know if it was something coincidental or not but I got slammed with spam email and no message left calls. As soon as I backed out they pretty much stopped.

I'm with The Ring Finders and have no issues.

Rewards are optional and not manditory. I have done a lot of calls for free and ended up costing me money out of my pocket. We pay to be on the web site so people can find you.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them. I can call Chris if you would like to see what happened. I have never had any issues being on the site and no wierd calls.

Clare

Is anybody here associated with The Ringfinders? When I purchased my new detector it came with a free one year membership, I spoke with the founder Chris by phone when I first joined on. The idea is a sound one and he seemed quite nice and knowledgeable. I attempted to enter and follow directions to reset my password enter the site as a member, password reset. Next day unable to get in and third attempt locked me out. Waited a day and I thought successfully reentered and reset password, awoken in the middle of the night with “someone attempted to reset your password” auto email. This was all in a two day span.
Now I have been inundated with spam calls from the British Columbia area leaving no messages and spam emails for metal detecting stuff.
I have informed them to remove my name from their listings. My spider senses are up, anybody know anything about them? Or is this buyer beware type thing?

I'm with them and have no issues. I joined in 2017 and did 17 sucessfull calls this year.

I will put a link to my blog page if you have any questions.

Lost my stuff group in which I have been a member for a few years now. We never charge a fee for finding somebodies lost items. Never received spam of any sort. lostmystuff.net

Lost my stuff group in which I have been a member for a few years now. We never charge a fee for finding somebodies lost items. Never received spam of any sort. lostmystuff.net
So, i have to pay to be on lost my stuff then people cannot give a reward if they want?

I think lost my stuff volinteers still accept a reward if offered. That is what 90 percent of the ring finders people do. Some have a small fee for gas then a reward is optional not manditory.

How many calls have you been on this year? I'm going on number 22 tonight.

Thanks for the update. I spoke with Chris when I first signed on did the info page of who I was etc. I put down no charge locally but he called me and suggested I put $20 for gas etc etc.
Once I hit the website I started getting spam email for security businesses, sales for detectors etc. Then the “no message” calls started rolling in, mostly from Canadian prefixes. I called Chris to complain and removed me as requested and the email/calls quit almost over night. Gotta agree thats suspicious...

Reactions: cw3
So, i have to pay to be on lost my stuff then people cannot give a reward if they want?

I think lost my stuff volinteers still accept a reward if offered. That is what 90 percent of the ring finders people do. Some have a small fee for gas then a reward is optional not manditory.

How many calls have you been on this year? I'm going on number 22 tonight.
They ask for a 5 dollar donation for the year. There are many generous people out there who want to give a reward , I would certainly not want to insult someone if they insist on rewarding me . Please don't misconstrue what I wrote , I never heard of The Ring Finders until yesterday . So I would never make a judgement call about something I don't know about. I think anyone who helps someone out by finding or searching for their lost items is noble. And deserves a reward if offered one . Let me rephrase the part of the reward or fee . When I said we never charge a fee I was speaking of The Lost MY Stuff Group . They never ask for a finders fee. I'll be perfectly honest with you and tell you that I had to change my email address earlier this year and so lost touch with The Lost my stuff group. People can certainly give rewards if they want to. If I lost something of value or even something that had sentimental value and someone found it for me I would certainly want to extend my gratitude with a small reward. As far as how many calls have I been on this year ? None Hadn't received any emails . I would usually search for something for someone if I was able to or if I was going to be in the area. No commitments and able to pick and choose. Like the time my wife and I went to Cape Cod and I was able to do a search . I always bring my metal detectors when I go to the Cape. I hope this clears some of the air . I'm not knocking what you do or how you do it. I wish I had a little more free time. HH... Keep up the good work. I hope number 22 goes well for you.. Ron

They ask for a 5 dollar donation for the year. There are many generous people out there who want to give a reward , I would certainly not want to insult someone if they insist on rewarding me . Please don't misconstrue what I wrote , I never heard of The Ring Finders until yesterday . So I would never make a judgement call about something I don't know about. I think anyone who helps someone out by finding or searching for their lost items is noble. And deserves a reward if offered one . Let me rephrase the part of the reward or fee . When I said we never charge a fee I was speaking of The Lost MY Stuff Group . They never ask for a finders fee. I'll be perfectly honest with you and tell you that I had to change my email address earlier this year and so lost touch with The Lost my stuff group. People can certainly give rewards if they want to. If I lost something of value or even something that had sentimental value and someone found it for me I would certainly want to extend my gratitude with a small reward. As far as how many calls have I been on this year ? None Hadn't received any emails . I would usually search for something for someone if I was able to or if I was going to be in the area. No commitments and able to pick and choose. Like the time my wife and I went to Cape Cod and I was able to do a search . I always bring my metal detectors when I go to the Cape. I hope this clears some of the air . I'm not knocking what you do or how you do it. I wish I had a little more free time. HH... Keep up the good work. I hope number 22 goes well for you.. Ron
Thanks for the update. I just see people bash the ring finders without knowing what its about or how it works. I did not think you were bashing them, I just wanted to show we both work on the reward basis. I had a call last year I had to leave work early 2 times costing me 4 hours pay and I got nothing on the reward or gas. I don't think that's right either, it shouldn't cost me money to help a stranger. I don't have problem accepting rewards either. It just goes back into equipment. My ctx stock coil went bad this year. That's going to cost $350.00 to replace.

I have a call out fee if travel is over 25 miles from my house. I rarely enforce it. I have traveled 3 hours one way from my house on calls. That's what I use the call out fee for. The call tonight was 1.5 hours one way.

If you start getting calls and need some advise give me a call. I think 90 percent of how successful you are is dealing with the people and 10 percent your equipment. I sometimes ask the same question 3 times and just word it differently. Sometimes, I get 3 different answers. The other thing is it burns in the persons mind the place they notice the ring missing is where its at. But in reality they lost the ring 2 days ago and just noticed it missing. I have people ready to just about fight me when I say the ring is not here, what else happened. Some will come out and say this happened 2 days ago. We go to that spot and I find the ring in 30 seconds. They are stresses and the mind plays games.

The call tonight was a tough one. It was 27 degrees with a slight wind. Her fiancée likes to throw his clad out the truck window in the area the ring was lost. I ended up putting the 6 inch coil on to separate the signals better. Normally, I would clear every signal in an area. With all the clad that was not possible. It took 2 1/2 hours to find the ring. Afterwords she blew me away by saying " you are my hero and saved my wedding, I'm going to name my first child after you". She told me they stopped the wedding because the ring was made from the grandmothers rings on each side of the family being melted down. They bought a detector and had no luck. They also used a big torch and melted the snow and had no luck find the ring. They melted the snow in an area about 20 by 20. The ring was about 6 feet outside that area.

Good luck on any calls you get.

Clare