Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The river gave up some goodies today.

jabbo

Yesterday I was there 4 hours and found only a Memorial penny. I guess it wasn't my day to detect. Today I did much better in less time. Dug up a King George II 1745 half penny and a KG 1751 penny. Both are in decent condition and were found in the gravel/stone bars along the river. Also 4 musket balls, some sinkers, and some clad. A few days ago in the same area I found 2 KG pennies with absolutely no detail and todays KG pennies from the same area have lots of detail, can't figure that out. During the 1700's there was a mill a little upstream, maybe that's why these 1700's coins were there. No silver but still it was a decent day. Jabbo

Holy smokes Jabbo you made some incredible finds!

Earthly, In the 13 Colonies, King Georges were used everywhere in the 1700's and a lot were lost. It's quite common to find them in NJ. This might be hard to believe, but I find more KG pennies than U.S. large pennies. I don't search parks anymore, I go where I think I have a better chance of finding old U.S and colonial coins. But unlike searching in parks, many times I come home with no keepers at all.

Those are super cool! What rig are you running in the water? Thats amazing work, jabbo!:clapping:
Mud

Mud, I now use my new X-Terra705 everywhere, with 9" 3khz coil. It's better for deeper coins than the Coin$trike, but the C$ is no slouch. I really believe if I was using the C$ last week when I found the 1820 dime I would have passed it by. The X-Terra gave a jumpy ID on it, but good enough to dig. The dime was in the river gravel/stones bar and I'd say it was not laying flat, but at a steep angle. These two King Georges were in another gravel bar nearby. Could possibly be virgin territory.

Jabbo - You have some good hunting areas!

jabbo said:
Earthly, In the 13 Colonies, King Georges were used everywhere in the 1700's and a lot were lost. It's quite common to find them in NJ. This might be hard to believe, but I find more KG pennies than U.S. large pennies. I don't search parks anymore, I go where I think I have a better chance of finding old U.S and colonial coins. But unlike searching in parks, many times I come home with no keepers at all.

They sure are done funny looking projectiles with the holes in the ends. Maybe fired from one of those new fangled Rocket rods. :).

Way to go.......drooling with jealousy!!!!

HH y'all.

Frank