Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The so called 'hunted out' park ...

BH_Landstar_

Hi all,

Well, first of all, I've joined the clan, I got my CTX on Thursday of last week. I have not had much time on it, but WOW, what a machine !

Anyway, I've been reading all that I can, and made up a new coin pattern for hitting the local park here that's 'hunted out' so they say.

I've only got about 5 hours on the CTX at the moment, but in that time, I have found clad that I've missed with other machines, I've also found a no date buffalo nickel.

Today, after work, I spent 90 minutes at the local 'hunted out' park with the new pattern that I made up, I managed to pull two 1 cent coins out of the ground. This area is heaving in iron signals too !

One 1957 wheat cent was the first, and about 40 minutes later I got the 2nd cent coin. It's an Indian head cent, I can't get the date from it, but it's also my first Indian head cent that I've found, I'm stoked !

Good for you BH! Hope you find many more...

D&P-OR said:
Congrats on the finds BH!-----So much for that "hunted out" debate/argument, huh? ;)

:lmfao:

Keep pounding those older parks. I also thought that my parks were hunted out but they became alive again with my CTX. Start to listen for those deeper targets. Go really slow with your pace and swing! I find that less discrimination is better with deeper targets. Switch to open screen to avoid iron masking when you suspect a coin buried near trash. Finally, IMHO, less sensitivity has really proved more effective in eliminating falsing. I only use straight AUTO and can reach depths of 12+ inches.
Happy Hunting
Chuck