Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The things ya see while detecting…..

Ronstar

Had a little time to kill this morning and besides the weather is supposed to be 20-25 degrees cooler. Went to the old city park and settled in to an area I’ve not pushed to hard yet. There were Moms and kids in the tot lot, dog walkers, people just strolling through, and one picnic bench with 6-7 older ladies holding their Starbucks cups and just gabbing away like no tomorrow.
I was watching the darker clouds coming my way for about 30-45 minutes and they were getting darker as they got closer. There were spotty thunderstorms forecast but that was mainly later in the day. The wind suddenly picked up to 10-15 mph and as I was walking towards the coffee crew (maybe 100 yards) a super bright flash of light followed by a loud Ka-rack and immediate Ka-Boom occurred. I thought “that was close!”
I looked up and I saw the newest Olympic track sport develop, the Old Women’s Hauling Ass event!!
Those old honeys cleared that picnic table and literally sprinted towards their cars. Do not under estimate an elderly woman who just got the baJesus scared out of them. Im not sure if one started and and the rest was a sympathetic reaction or if it was a “game on” flight reaction but there was some serious competition going on. I noticed several Starbucks cups still sitting on the table too.
About 10 minutes later I was coming up on my truck and that storm was picking up intensity. Next to where I was parked was a Subaru wagon and an elderly lady rolled her window down and asked me if I would please go get her purse under the table, I did. Pretty sure she was not getting out of the car for awhile and beside not carrying any weight I think she was a contender for the Silver medal…… lol.

The things we see detecting, too funny.

It’s amazing what a little “spark” can do when it comes down to saving one’s own life 😂😂
Old Women’s Hauling Ass event!
As for the lady that asked you to get her purse, she probably couldn’t get out of the car because she 💩 herself 🤭🤣😂

I was wondering if the Starbucks and the exercise acted a little like fuel injector cleaner…. 😂😂

Reminds me of the neighbors cat after I noticed it was pooping in my yard. I put together her a cat scarecrow using a washing machine solenoid water valve a motion detector and two impact sprinkler heads. I positioned it so when it came up the driveway headed to my back yard it wound activate it and give it a good dousing. I also set up a trail camera to catch the action. Man what I recorded was amazing. I wished I had saved the picture. That cat was moving so fast the thing was just a streak across the screen. It was hilarious. Problem solved.

Reminds me of the neighbors cat after I noticed it was pooping in my yard. I put together her a cat scarecrow using a washing machine solenoid water valve a motion detector and two impact sprinkler heads. I positioned it so when it came up the driveway headed to my back yard it wound activate it and give it a good dousing. I also set up a trail camera to catch the action. Man what I recorded was amazing. I wished I had saved the picture. That cat was moving so fast the thing was just a streak across the screen. It was hilarious. Problem solved.
Loved to have seen that.
We used to have some big rats around the farm.
I'd make 22 LR shotshell traps inside a metal box.
Mechanical trip inside with a 3" barrel.
Did a great job on the rats.
I thought it would be to small for cats. Nope
Splattered a few cats too. 😄

Did you ever catch any people in your cat trap ?
Bet the wife would have loved that.😄

Had a little time to kill this morning and besides the weather is supposed to be 20-25 degrees cooler. Went to the old city park and settled in to an area I’ve not pushed to hard yet. There were Moms and kids in the tot lot, dog walkers, people just strolling through, and one picnic bench with 6-7 older ladies holding their Starbucks cups and just gabbing away like no tomorrow.
I was watching the darker clouds coming my way for about 30-45 minutes and they were getting darker as they got closer. There were spotty thunderstorms forecast but that was mainly later in the day. The wind suddenly picked up to 10-15 mph and as I was walking towards the coffee crew (maybe 100 yards) a super bright flash of light followed by a loud Ka-rack and immediate Ka-Boom occurred. I thought “that was close!”
I looked up and I saw the newest Olympic track sport develop, the Old Women’s Hauling Ass event!!
Those old honeys cleared that picnic table and literally sprinted towards their cars. Do not under estimate an elderly woman who just got the baJesus scared out of them. Im not sure if one started and and the rest was a sympathetic reaction or if it was a “game on” flight reaction but there was some serious competition going on. I noticed several Starbucks cups still sitting on the table too.
About 10 minutes later I was coming up on my truck and that storm was picking up intensity. Next to where I was parked was a Subaru wagon and an elderly lady rolled her window down and asked me if I would please go get her purse under the table, I did. Pretty sure she was not getting out of the car for awhile and beside not carrying any weight I think she was a contender for the Silver medal…… lol.

The things we see detecting, too funny.
Great story. I'll bet there was a trail of smoke trailing the ole' gal's. You could almost see em'. Remember the old Charlie Daniels song, "Uneasy Rider"? "Mario Andretti woulda sure been proud of the way they were movin' when they passed that crowd". This most likely would apply to them. Thanks for the story and the laugh.

Those gals sound alot like a group I'd run into once in a while. They were the "Metal Detecting Groupies". Quite a gang but getting a little long in the tooth right now.