Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Ultimate GPS Detecting combination

ptdigger

The Ultimate GPS Detecting combination

I finally have the ultimate map application. In conjunction with the CTX 's GPS ability, finding new sites has become much easier. I have been able to take scanned 1860 maps of my area and apply GPS Technology to them on my Ipad. The maps list individual houses, Buisness, Mills and School Houses. There are over 25 old School house sites in my town and just as many in neighboring towns.
I can drive right up to that 1860's school house site or to sites in the woods where old homesteads use to be. I can put waypoints on my CTX at home using coordinates from the map. Then walk from the car right to the site guided by the CTX the rest of the way.

The blue dot is my position on the map. My detecting Buddy was blown away as he held the Ipad and we drove up to a wooded site that use to be an old school house. We still have about a foot of snow. I can't wait till its its gone. The application is called Maprika and best of all its a free App. Available for IOS and Android. It works with jpg files.

Here is some videos of my detecting buddy and I using Maprika

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=8umPUDRkLJ4

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=z7LuC5jQ1Zc

That is awsone:please: