Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Ultimate silver in iron?

jimmy

I thought I would post what I think is a couple of unique finds along with some of the coins I have found since I switched from my beloved mxt to my new Etrac, The two silver quarters are actually sandwiched in iron and found at topsail beach n.c along with the blackened silver rosies & war nickel , these were found last week, The the other silver coins came from the raleigh nc area but the 1853 seated dime & Indian head pennies came from a very old church yard near goldsboro nc, the 2 sterling silver pendants came from nearby parks and of course the wheat pennies all along the way. But the most interesting to me anyway is the silver quarters with iron fused to both sides, has anyone had thid happen? Btw I appreciate all the advice from my fellow etrac users whos gave so generously your info & experience to help me transition from the Mxt to this great Etrac machine that I purchased on oct 17th 2012, I got a lot to learn but I get better everytime I go out, Thanks Guys and merry Christmas & have a great New Yr. Jimmy

jimmy said:
I thought I would post what I think is a couple of unique finds along with some of the coins I have found since I switched from my beloved mxt to my new Etrac, The two silver quarters are actually sandwiched in iron and found at topsail beach n.c along with the blackened silver rosies & war nickel , these were found last week, The the other silver coins came from the raleigh nc area but the 1853 seated dime & Indian head pennies came from a very old church yard near goldsboro nc, the 2 sterling silver pendants came from nearby parks and of course the wheat pennies all along the way. But the most interesting to me anyway is the silver quarters with iron fused to both sides, has anyone had thid happen? Btw I appreciate all the advice from my fellow etrac users whos gave so generously your info & experience to help me transition from the Mxt to this great Etrac machine that I purchased on oct 17th 2012, I got a lot to learn but I get better everytime I go out, Thanks Guys and merry Christmas & have a great New Yr. Jimmy

What VDi numbers did the silver sandwich register as on the e-trac in the soil?

Those two quarters were found at the beach (Salt Water) and read 24/27--47/48 , I almost didn't dig because I was getting fooled by some deep iron but something kept nagging my mind as I walked around in a circle trying to figure out but I remembered what some of the members on this forum said, when in doubt dig it out, I'm glad I did, now I got to figure a way to clean em up?

Nice finds in the iron that is my favorite place to hunt, most people avoid these areas that are using other detectors but with the E track as you know you can get right in there and pull most of those coins right out congratulations.:thumbup:

a while back. It was actually a Barber dime sandwiched in between two indian head pennies. It looked just like what you found , all clumped together, corroded and rusty and I was almost going to throw it in the garbage. I just happened to look at it close from the side there appeared to be three discs stuck together. I started to scrape and finally decided to pry whatever it was apart and i'll be if it wasn't a barber and two indians...weird!

Hey Jimmy! Looks like you're doing well with your new Etrac:thumbup:. Maybe those silver quarters were sandwiched together with a couple of steel pennies that had rusted away? The Etrac in iron/ trash will most definitely give you some unusual tones that will peak your interest. I'm glad to see you went with your gut and dug them out. Keep trusting your ears more than those numbers. Nice finds!

HH Randy 😗:cheers:

Thanks Randy, I surely do appreciate the encouragement and advice I got from you ,G4E,jojames2,mhirshman,jblue4u and others, I have been frustrated at times but am getting a better understanding everytime I go out. I am still having trouble telling the difference between deep signals and shallow signals, and pinpointing after the target is out of the hole, but I got 2months on the etrac now and I am satisfied that I made a good choice for a new detector. Thanks guys