Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The up and coming 6x9 coil

sprchng said:
I think the coil size is fine but I'm more interested in what comes with the update
From what little I've heard it's disappointing...more single frequencies are uninspiring when it already has 12 and 18.
My Deus is for sale

Hold fire till you know for sure or you may find you are getting a new Deus !
I need mine for salt wet beaches among other things so if not good there then mine is likely for sale but not before i know for sure.

I have both a Deus w/9" coil and a Racer with the little OOR and the 5x10. I find the Racer w/ OOR will kick butt at some nail pits but I will not sell my Deus as I much prefer it around disintegrated cans. I will be buying the new coil.

Usually you see the posts about detector shortcomings once the actual detector / coil hits the street but it seems of late the complaints and fault-finding starts months before the actual product is released.

Rumors that take on a life of their own started by only knows who . . . . people reading things into facts that have been released by the factory that go way past what the engineers intended . . . . problems that are already assumed to exist . . . .

Seems like that was what was posted about features such as Minelab's BBS 20 years ago (yes there were forums then as I ran one :)) or any of the other circuits / approaches to problems that people felt there was only one way to solve them and wrote off anyone that thought there was an elegant by simpler way to address the issues without doing a total rewrite of the designs.

Alain and his staff are avid hunters which is something many companies can't say about their teams . . . . and they know what issues we face and are looking for different ways to address them. The XP staff is not sitting at a bench in the lab developing circuits that only work in the lab . . . . they are in the field testing what they are designing and making adjustments to get the performance they are looking for.

In fact, at the last XP Deus Bootcamp we connected with Alain to get some first hand input from the man himself and as you can see in the photo, he connected to Aberdeen, MD from a beach on the coast of France testing the coil and software where they have black sand and salt water to deal with.

[attachment 322390 Alain.jpg]

XP listens to input and has a talented team designing their products so to toss in the towel saying that there is nothing worth waiting for is a tad short sighted . . . . . personally, what is yet to come is just as exciting as what the current Deus provides.

But as Rodney Dangerfield used to say . . . . . "[size=large]Wow, tough crowd here[/size]"

[attachment 322392 Rodney.jpeg]

We are just getting bored and have nothing better to do till the release. I'm sure if anyone knows how cool it will be it will be you Andy.
Time will tell but I'm sure it will be welcome by most of us hunters:blowup:

Ah ignore those Racer/Impact salesman, everyone else does. They make those same boring claims on every other thread on every other forum. What I see is fear in those posts.

I have no doubt that what XP has coming will continue the excellent results the Deus has produced and still produces.

Personally I'm excited about the new coil and new version. The Deus rocks now, just wait until the new coil and version comes out.

I am not bailing out but will have to wait for a while anyway . A probable job change and lack of time in the new year might force me to do much less detecting , lots to think about.

So like a lot of you guys I'm very interested in adding the new coil to my Deus arsenal.

In the process of putting my 11-inch coil through its paces (and finding some cool stuff), I'm also discovering the shortcomings of the bigger coil. Detecting in and around old colonial cellar holes (in the woods) has become of particular interest to me but I have also found myself at the Saltwater Beaches several times.

I'm wondering if adding the 8-inch coil is the answer or if this new addition, with it's higher frequency range and narrower profile will be a just what the Doctor ordered???

I was really hoping to be able to attend one of Andy's seminars this past year but other obligations took presidence.

I'd really like to go with a brand new 5x9 coil and its new technology to learn :)

I'm also wondering if the new freqs 10 20 30 40 khts will produce as much depth as the older 4 8 12 ? are the new freqs all used at the same time or 1 at a time ?

We will just have to wait and see,we have a basic idea what is coming but the rest is pure speculation.

I'm also wondering if the new freqs 10 20 30 40 khts will produce as much depth as the older 4 8 12 ? are the new freqs all used at the same time or 1 at a time ?

From what I've seen there is no multi-frequency (simultaneously) coming but 4 new individual choose-able frequencies.

I like the 10, 20, 30 & 40 kHz idea. 10 would be your basic all-around frequency but 30 & 40 should really kick some butt on that gold and small odd shaped targets. Should make it a good competitor in the prospecting market.

I would have been happier with all 4 working together. For the beach that would be best.

Never been to a beach much less hunted one so ignore my ignorance.

Is there not a single frequency detector made that works well at the beach? What makes multiple frequencies better than any single frequency at the beach?

Thanks

We are getting ready to post the 2016 schedule in teh next few weeks and there will be some changes to the format / content including video clips showing what those marginal signals look like and how to get the most out of the current and upcoming software . . . . hope to see you at one of the Bootcamps

Andy & Charlene Sabisch

So video clips would be great. If you have one in Calif near Sacrmento I could go to that

Great! Thanks for keeping us in the loop Andy.

Andy Sabisch said:
Usually you see the posts about detector shortcomings once the actual detector / coil hits the street but it seems of late the complaints and fault-finding starts months before the actual product is released.

Rumors that take on a life of their own started by only knows who . . . . people reading things into facts that have been released by the factory that go way past what the engineers intended . . . . problems that are already assumed to exist . . . .

Seems like that was what was posted about features such as Minelab's BBS 20 years ago (yes there were forums then as I ran one :)) or any of the other circuits / approaches to problems that people felt there was only one way to solve them and wrote off anyone that thought there was an elegant by simpler way to address the issues without doing a total rewrite of the designs.

Alain and his staff are avid hunters which is something many companies can't say about their teams . . . . and they know what issues we face and are looking for different ways to address them. The XP staff is not sitting at a bench in the lab developing circuits that only work in the lab . . . . they are in the field testing what they are designing and making adjustments to get the performance they are looking for.

In fact, at the last XP Deus Bootcamp we connected with Alain to get some first hand input from the man himself and as you can see in the photo, he connected to Aberdeen, MD from a beach on the coast of France testing the coil and software where they have black sand and salt water to deal with.

[attachment 322390 Alain.jpg]

XP listens to input and has a talented team designing their products so to toss in the towel saying that there is nothing worth waiting for is a tad short sighted . . . . . personally, what is yet to come is just as exciting as what the current Deus provides.

But as Rodney Dangerfield used to say . . . . . "[size=large]Wow, tough crowd here[/size]"

[attachment 322392 Rodney.jpeg]
thanks Andy