Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The up and coming 6x9 coil

Kronos

What is your thoughts on this coil aiding the versatility of hunting cane, corn, or any agricultural fields? It would seem that the shape would make it easier to swing as well as reduce the false signal caused by sharp elevation change on the ground. Are there any drawback differences in this coil compared to the 9", 11", 11"x13" coils?
Thank you for you thoughts and time

Just because its a 9x6 coil does not make it any easier to swing side to side in crops does it,its stall basically a 9'' long coil and you swing it in a radius so no real advantage in a crop situation,of course i could be missing what you are saying,but i have found the best coil for crops is still a small round coil as being small you can get the coil close to the soil and as it is round wont in theory catch on the crops.The only real way to use such a 9x6 coil in such a situation would be pushing it throught the crops like a chisel if that makes sense,it wont in mind help in any way in corn or cane,its still a 9'' coil is it not when swing swing left to right.

A small 6'' coil would have been ideal for that job but then we get onto how you would pack all the windings and electronics and battery into such a small area.

A 9x6 coil i am guess has been developed more for trashy sites than crop stubble,of course i could be reading your question wrong but i dont think i am,as for this new hoard hunting setup,that is not going to be cheap especially going by the price of just one Deus coil,but once again XP must have done some home work on this subject but i feel that the market for hoard hunters especially expensive ones like the new Deus one wont be stellar.

Well if the coil is 9" from tip to tail and 6 inches side to side. I feel it would allow easier short swing and fit in tight stubble. I am in hopes Andy will give his opinion on this as well. Never the less I will buy on anyways.
Thank you for your thoughts.

I think the new coil is aimed with prospecting in mind considering its frequencies will be 10,20,30 and 40 kHz. I am with Mega in this one the round 9" will be still better for swinging in stubble, being round it will push through stubble a lot easier than an oval one.

A 6 X 9 coil is great for getting around in overgrown areas and in to tight spots.
The Garrett Ace 250 my Daughter uses came with a stock 6 x 9 coil.

They need a small coil like the Racer has and I think it would be even better in iron..from what I read will it be worth it to spend that money for that size and since the freq are so high would it even be good for relic hunting?

I agree the round 9" would do better swinging side to side in stubble where the 6x9 will do better poking through stubble and tight places.

The new Hoard hunter will be very reasonably priced, and in many ways quite different to other twin box models. The project is still under development, in fact several projects are on the go at the moment I guess we will have to wait until next year for the finished projects to be released.

XP-UK said:
The new Hoard hunter will be very reasonably priced, and in many ways quite different to other twin box models. The project is still under development, in fact several projects are on the go at the moment I guess we will have to wait until next year for the finished projects to be released.

So you're going to tempt with some info on the hoard hunter but no info on the new 5 x 9 or the update? Cruel!!!!!! :confused:

the 12X24 is true, Alain Loubet released this information on the french xp's forum! and it's the same for the frequencies, I think something will be released relative to the way we will use these frequencies, it's seems to be something new, but that is just gossips.
See ya.

In french, but just to be sure :

"
Re: En direct du stand XP (Salon de la Détection du 9 au 10

Messagede Alain XP » Lun 12 Oct 2015 16:40
Bonjour Treebeard

Le disque elliptique ne fera pas 28cm mais 24/12cm, il sera proche du disque elliptique actuel pour GMP et possèdera une gamme de fréquences plus élevées que les autres disques du DEUS (10, 20, 30, 40khz). "

So the translation is approximatly : the elliptical won't be a 28*12 but a 24*12, look likes the GMP 24*11 coil with higher frequencies.

sprchng said:
2.54 cm to the inch.
4.73 x 9.44 inches

I was hoping for a slightly bigger coil than that , i will wait till others have said what they feel before i get one .

Boy you have to hope they get it right on the update..I to heard it is nothing big and different. The impact is looking better all of the time