Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The "V" is getting the job done - got a ring last night!

As you all know I am on my second week with my V3+i and it has been pure heaven. I like to hunt a park that sees little use in the hills near the beach here in Southern Cal. I have been all over this park first the GTI 2500, then the XLT. I have done side by side tests of each machine, depth testing and just general hunting to covering the entire park at least 2 times. I am sure the park is not being used because everything I find is buried, well tarnished, and there is little new trash, surface or otherwise. The returns began to taper off with the other machines but not with the V3i!!!

After my first week using the V with the stock 10"DD I went to work trying out my other two coils this week, a 5.3 and 4X6. This machine is simply outstanding. While the smaller coils are certainly helping to avoid trash and get in the real treasure, the point is - the V3 is preforming like this is virgin turf and I have never been there before with the other machines! Every visit I am walking out with a hand full of 60's, 70's, and some 80's clad as well as other interesting items. I was certain I had cleaned this place out but I guess I didn't because........ Last night as it was getting dark and the mosquitos began to overcome my repellant I opted to work my way to the car and call it a night. Before I shut it down I got very strong hit in the pull tab/ring range. Sorry I don't recall the exact VDI but I think was 35 or so. I do recall it was steady and the polar plot was dead straight lines instead of the scrambling that usally indicates junk. So I said what the heck, time to dig and live with the mosquitos taking advantage of me for a few more minutes. I opened the hole and the Pistol Probe said the target was in the plug. Seconds later I popped out a silver mens ring on the first attempt to locate it in the plug. The ring was very clean considering it was about 4" down and I was so stoked I just sat there under that tree and let the mosquitoes feast. The ring is heavy and wide, with an inlayed and painted black pattern around the center of the band. It may only be worth the melt value, but I was happy with my first ring none the less.

The DX-1 should be in the mail today and I can't wait to get off work and try it out! This is just too much fun, but the break is over and I need to get back to work so I can go back out with the V this evening.

The Shark

Congratulations on your first ring but I would check for markings inside the band. With a VDI of 35, it could be white gold. A large silver mans ring should have been in the 60's or 70's.

Larry (IL) said:
Congratulations on your first ring but I would check for markings inside the band. With a VDI of 35, it could be white gold. A large silver mans ring should have been in the 60's or 70's.

Thanks Larry. It would be great if you are right, but I do not see any marking in the ring and I was so beat last night when I got in that I did not clean the ring up and look closely. Judging by the design I would guess it is not white gold. Let's just say I would never buy a ring that looks like this but I don't wear rings except my wedding band. Yet it did come from a park in an affluent community!

My memory may not be crystal on the VDI but I do know a way to find out - run the coil back over it!!!

I'll let you know what I find.......

The Shark