Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Wife Want's a Metal Detector..!

fastdraw

I tried to teach the wife with my Nox-600 and it didn't go so well. But she not a quitter, and she been "Tagging Along" with me for almost
a month now, and she has made it clear she want her own detector... and I'm thrilled. She want's 3 choices, and she will make up her own mind.
I'm in favor of the Vanquish 440 but I need two other recommendations please. Things to keep in mind with your suggestions.

1. This is her first detector.
2. She 58
3. She is NOT technologically advanced... and never will be.
4. The detector should have some controls and options... but not too many.
5. She says it has to look good..? Yes, you read that right.
6. As light as possible.
7. I'm thinking $300.00 max. for just the detector.

So lets here those suggestions... Please.

The Nokta Simplex is a great machine for beginners and advanced as well. She will love it.

My wife is about the same age and her first time as well. She has decided if you cant beat them then join them.. I have a Tesoro Sidewinder, it was one that got me hooked. Light not complicated and loves good targets, especially Dimes. She always ends up with all my good ring finds anyway, this way maybe she wont have time, to make honey do list for me and i can hunt more.

If wife likes color then i agree with you on the vanquish 440 or 540 or the Garrett Ace 400 or ace 400 Anniversary pkg...The Nokta Simplex + or maybe look at a few of the First Texas products such as the Fisher F44 and the Teknetics Liberator..These are all close to your price range according to a few of the dealer sites i visited before writing this...Excellent that your wife wants her own detector and is excited about the hobby as well...This will give her a few options she can look at on line and make her decision based on what she likes and wants remember it is HERS lol...

fastdraw: said:
I tried to teach the wife with my Nox-600 and it didn't go so well. But she not a quitter, and she been "Tagging Along" with me for almost
a month now, and she has made it clear she want her own detector... and I'm thrilled. She want's 3 choices, and she will make up her own mind.
I'm in favor of the Vanquish 440 but I need two other recommendations please. Things to keep in mind with your suggestions.
If you need 3 model suggestions, here you go:

• Nokta / Makro Simplex + then get a smaller accessory coil when available.

• Minelab Vanquish 540 Pro Pck to benefit from the 2 search coils, weather cover, and excellent ML-80 wireless headphones.

• Fisher F44 which I keep a 7" Concentric mounted and have a 5" DD accessory for trashier places.

You didn't specify what type of hunting she will be joining you in, and any of these three will do if you are mainly working typical urban Coin Hunting environments such as parks, schools, parking strips, etc. However, if you are going to be hunting very Iron nail contaminated places, or those with a lot of ferrous debris, just go with the Simplex + or V-540 because the F44 and most of the other lower-cost offerings from FTP or Garrett or White's do not provide efficient response and rejection and recovery in terrible ferrous trash.

Monte