Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The X, is it for me?

IowaRelic

This thing has been on my radar since it was announced. I cut my teeth detecting on a Vaquero for the first 4 years. Then I bought some fisher/Teknetics stuff and they became my favorites and I’ve enjoyed using nokta/makro machines as well. Now I’m looking for a machine for 2 tasks. Hunting old iron loaded home sites in fields or woods. And for getting 8”+ deep CW relics. I’m thinking that a couple coils and a vista X would fit the bill. 2 tone disc (basically tone break) is something I would have loved on the Vaq. Alt. Disc, as I’ve seen in videos can be used very creatively to set up very good tone ID for certain targets. Like a minie ball. I want to know some things.
how fast is the machine? Is it like FA on a t2/f75? Is it like a kruzer/Anfibio in 3 tone? DEUS level speed? It’s not adjustable, so that’s important to me. It seems fast in videos, but nothings in English.
i know it’s deep. Videos easily show it’s depth. But does disc level affect depth? Does it maintain ID to depth? Can it separate at depth? I know how deep the equinox and t2 are in my soil. If it’s deeper than those, that’s awesome.
How’s it do slugging through thick brush? Makro level of build quality?
Lastly, EMI. Can it handle the big towers and lines at least as well as other machines I’ve mentioned?
I plan to use this thing like all my machines. They have to be rugged. The t2 has held up very well through me beating on it.

Ya know Iowa who can say what machine would suit you. When I was making up my mind about the X , I looked at everything that was available toward my type of hunting. I wanted the depth and the duel discrimination. Got the 5x8 coil and and it's my # 1 to go machine. My AT Pro a close second. I sold my Mojave to help with the costs. And I ain't sorry or looking back. But , I don't hunt relics, celler holes, plowed fields. So who can say if the X suits you. Just gotta take a chance.

Ya know Iowa who can say what machine would suit you. When I was making up my mind about the X , I looked at everything that was available toward my type of hunting. I wanted the depth and the duel discrimination. Got the 5x8 coil and and it's my # 1 to go machine. My AT Pro a close second. I sold my Mojave to help with the costs. And I ain't sorry or looking back. But , I don't hunt relics, celler holes, plowed fields. So who can say if the X suits you. Just gotta take a chance.
I’ve never been sorry for buying a machine yet....I’ve already convinced myself to do it. The audio seals the deal for me. I love that vco high tone. It was either this or the ORX. I’ve got the PayPal ready to rock. Just really not trusting any shipping usps at the moment. I’ve got 2 packages out there that are near or beyond they’re arrival time. One being a simplex and one being new quest wireless phones setup. I hesitate to add the X into the mix. Just looking for others’ input after some time using the machine in different sites. I see no reason I wouldn’t totally enjoy using it.

The Vista X is a great machine. I hunt with it and the SP Pro Series. With the primary and secondary discrimination, you can use it like the Tejon. The depth is great, separation is incredible and most of my hunting is done in areas that I personally have worked hard with all kind of machines. The 6.5 X 8 coil is even better than the stock coil in the iron and trash, the 5.7 is crazy at finding good targets. I haven't used the 14" coil yet but a friend of mine is going back to CW sites that have been hunted for years by literally 100s of people and finding targets that people have walked over for 40-50 years.. Thanks and HH, Richard

I didn't buy my X primarily for depth, but rather for its lightening fast recovery speed. Targets generally aren't too deep around these parts due to the semi-arid climate and the ground being frozen for 4-5 months a year. Coins that must have been lost a hundred years ago are still within 6" of the surface in many cases. Unfortunately, that also means that trash lost a hundred years ago is also within 6" of the surface :). Plus all the modern trash atop that.

So I wanted the X for its separation and unmasking abilities, and haven't been disappointed. I've been using it to work a site of four houses built in 1912. There is a crazy amount of trash there, as one would expect after a demolition. To make things worse, it's about a hundred yards from a light rail train station that has an electrical substation beside it. The EMI on the portion of the site closest the tracks is about the worst I've ever experienced.

At least one detectorist got to hunt the site before the houses were demolished, and 3 or 4 other members of our club have hunted it since. Most gave up pretty quickly due to the trash and EMI. I continued to hunt with the 5.75" coil and, thanks to some unseasonably mild weather, got to try out my new 8" coil there yesterday (thanks, Richard!). All in all, I've found 25 coins and close to 20 relics. Also about 200 pieces of non-ferrous trash, but that just goes with the territory :). I have to keep the Gain control quite low -- at minimum if I'm near the tracks -- but the X can still punch pretty deep even then.

I can't comment on how well the X IDs and separates targets at depth, but if you're on Facebook, there is a Vista X group. One of the members is a CW relic hunter and the X is his go-to machine. Another member posted that his DEUS hasn't been getting much use since he got his X, which tells you something about its speed.

Hope this helps,

-Ken

Runnning the X on the beach, Its deeper than the Tesoros, deeper than my Anfibio in 3 tone, Deeper than the T2 , deeper than the eq800. Its deep.
I had the second disc set up to accept zincolns and above, and I dug a copper memorial cent at 11" first time out with the stock 11 coil.
Can it hit 8"+ deep relics? Probably, LOL. One deep cent in the 10-11" range had a coin sound with a iron sound on one side of the coin sound. Yup, a small nail next to the coin!
Is it as fast as the deus ? probably not. The X is a no frills hi performer. If you like to tune into the audio on a detector, you will like this machine.

I’ve never been sorry for buying a machine yet....I’ve already convinced myself to do it. The audio seals the deal for me. I love that vco high tone. It was either this or the ORX. I’ve got the PayPal ready to rock. Just really not trusting any shipping usps at the moment. I’ve got 2 packages out there that are near or beyond they’re arrival time. One being a simplex and one being new quest wireless phones setup. I hesitate to add the X into the mix. Just looking for others’ input after some time using the machine in different sites. I see no reason I wouldn’t totally enjoy using it.
Wow, that's a bad scene with USPS. I'd wait for those packages to shake out too. Hope they show up for you.

It also cuts thru our Virginia high minerals like butter. One of my top three beep and digs.

Runnning the X on the beach, Its deeper than the Tesoros, deeper than my Anfibio in 3 tone, Deeper than the T2 , deeper than the eq800. Its deep.
I had the second disc set up to accept zincolns and above, and I dug a copper memorial cent at 11" first time out with the stock 11 coil.
Can it hit 8"+ deep relics? Probably, LOL. One deep cent in the 10-11" range had a coin sound with a iron sound on one side of the coin sound. Yup, a small nail next to the coin!
Is it as fast as the deus ? probably not. The X is a no frills hi performer. If you like to tune into the audio on a detector, you will like this machine.
Excellent.

Hey Tex, what are your other two fav beep and digs?

The Thracian and the Pirate Pro from Europe. The old 1266 was good but loved deep iron. The X is top dog not only for depth but the ability to find deep targets in mineralised red clay.

I had one. Sold it. It worked. Not my cup of tea. The having 2 disc settings worked. Just remember it can lie to you. Over mixed conductivity targets you may get low tone and walk. And the say silver is there for the taking.

Just my humble opinion and where i've learned with the older deeptech machines is knowing the nuances and finding the right head phones to be able to understand the language of the machine better.

I have been very pleased & impressed with my Vista X. You can really connect with the detector and what is under the coil. The audio is very telling with good high ohm headphones. The separate Gain & Threshold controls allows you to adjust for bad ground, high EMI or heavy trash. The Disc/ Tone breaks are very exact and allows the break point to blend the tone at that one spot. This set up really gives you 4 working tones. There is no mistaking Iron, big or small. It is controllable high performance that is flat out fun to run.