Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

There sure seems to be a lot of anger and malcontent towards this detector.:blink:

Dan(NM)

Maybe it's just me but I don't think I've seen this much hostility towards a company or a metal detector in quite some time. It seems to be pretty widespread even on Facebook. I'm just scratching my head when I read some of these post, I thought this was supposed to be a enjoyable fun-filled hobby. I suppose cabin fever has set in early this year.

Dan(NM) said:
Maybe it's just me but I don't think I've seen this much hostility towards a company or a metal detector in quite some time. I'm just scratching my head when I read some of these post, I thought this was supposed to be a enjoyable fun-filled hobby. I suppose cabin fever has set in early this year.
Nope! Not just you, Dan!
I guess this old world take's all kind's!:shrug:

Iowa Dale

Dan(NM) said:
Maybe it's just me but I don't think I've seen this much hostility towards a company or a metal detector in quite some time. I'm just scratching my head when I read some of these post, I thought this was supposed to be a enjoyable fun-filled hobby. I suppose cabin fever has set in early this year.

I think you hit the nail on the head, those posts are from angry malcontents.

Look at the post "Minelab's website is down" which had 69 comments while a couple of days later "Minelab site is UP" has 1 comment.

yep. Seems like folks are on the offensive.

To me it's pretty simple, if you don't like the company or product don't give them your time or your money. Life is way too short to get worked up over a man toy lol!

Dan,

The behavior of which you speak is appearing more frequently on the various forums. Name calling, trash talking, and other anger management issues are starting to become commonplace and worse, justified in some fashion. I have to say that this lack of civility is turning this specific forum into more of a gladiator arena / soap opera stage than a forum for Equinox enthusiasts. Findmall has been a gathering point for me for many years. Unfortunately, it appears this new Forum needs more babysitting on the part of the moderators.

Hopefully, things will come back into check.

Rich -

Dan(NM) said:
Maybe it's just me but I don't think I've seen this much hostility towards a company or a metal detector in quite some time. It seems to be pretty widespread even on Facebook. I'm just scratching my head when I read some of these post, I thought this was supposed to be a enjoyable fun-filled hobby. I suppose cabin fever has set in early this year.

You are right. There is no excuse for such behaviour. Doesnt help anyone and not good to read.... Lets hope things settle down.

Dan(NM) said:

have you looked at someone in a park metal detecting ? don't know about you but I walk the long way around and for a good reason..

AJ

Rich (Utah) said:
Dan,

The behavior of which you speak is appearing more frequently on the various forums. Name calling, trash talking, and other anger management issues are starting to become commonplace and worse, justified in some fashion. I have to say that this lack of civility is turning this specific forum into more of a gladiator arena / soap opera stage than a forum for Equinox enthusiasts. Findmall has been a gathering point for me for many years. Unfortunately, it appears this new Forum needs more babysitting on the part of the moderators.

Hopefully, things will come back into check.

Rich -
. What's kind of sad is the unfortunate side effect of this type of behavior. I know of several very knowledgeable guys who have just quit posting on the major forums for getting blasted unmercifully over this machine.

amberjack said:
Dan(NM) said:

have you looked at someone in a park metal detecting ? don't know about you but I walk the long way around and for a good reason..

AJ
. I'm not quite sure I get your point, I'm just a little slow I guess:). If I see someone out detecting, I usually go introduce myself and find out a little bit about him or her.

Dan(NM) said:
amberjack said:
Dan(NM) said:

AJ
. I'm not quite sure I get your point, I'm just a little slow I guess:). If I see someone out detecting, I usually go introduce myself and find out a little bit about him or her.

its like having a detector in hand gives people some right to come talk to me, I choose a hobby with ear muffs for a reason :buds: but am happy to help someone who is genuine most are not so I just turn on my heel .

AJ

amberjack said:
Dan(NM) said:
amberjack said:
Dan(NM) said:

AJ

its like having a detector in hand gives people some right to come talk to me, I choose a hobby with ear muffs for a reason :buds: but am happy to help someone who is genuine most are not so I just turn on my heel .

AJ
. I normally talk to myself out loud when I'm hunting, that usually keeps most looky-loos at bay

amberjack said:
Dan(NM) said:

AJ
If I'm in a park alone..........I'm carrying !!!!

Iowa Dale

It seems a lot of the anti Equinox bias is coming from guys who don’t like to admit to themselves that their $1,500+ detector may be getting eclipsed by a $649 detector. A fair amount of the bashing is coming from guys who own CTX’s, etracs, Deus’s, etc., especially if they recently bought them.

No one likes to drop serious coin on a piece of electronics only to see it rendered to second fiddle status by something newer, better, and cheaper. Just human nature.

Wayfarer said:
It seems a lot of the anti Equinox bias is coming from guys who don’t like to admit to themselves that their $1,500+ detector may be getting eclipsed by a $649 detector. A fair amount of the bashing is coming from guys who own CTX’s, etracs, Deus’s, etc., especially if they recently bought them.

No one likes to drop serious coin on a piece of electronics only to see it rendered to second fiddle status by something newer, better, and cheaper. Just human nature.

RRP here is 1300 $ and dealers don't do discounts here so that's what you will pay and so my like new 2nd hand etrac was less by a long way and sure would like to try the IQ but its big dollars for a new toy that I don't need..

and for what so I might find a 2 $ worth of silver coin :shrug:

have my tried a tested detectors that work if this is better then so be it..

AJ

amberjack said:
Wayfarer said:

RRP here is 1300 $ and dealers don't do discounts here so that's what you will pay and so my like new 2nd hand etrac was less by a long way and sure would like to try the IQ but its big dollars for a new toy that I don't need..

and for what so I might find a 2 $ worth of silver coin :shrug:

have my tried a tested detectors that work if this is better then so be it..

AJ

“Have my tried and tested detectors”...exactly. I am hoping that the extreme SPEED of the EQ may get some more silver out of my sites but I’m in no way shape or form expecting or even HOPING that Multi-IQ will render FBS/2 to second fiddle. I think the EQ will be another excellent tool for where and how it’s supposed to be used. A person who owns an eTrac or Explorer or a CTX AND the Equinox will have a lot of angles covered,I do believe! I’m personally not afraid of owning multiple machines,because they all do certain stuff really well.