Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

There sure seems to be a lot of anger and malcontent towards this detector.:blink:

Reminds me of when the first TR's hit the market and all the old BFO'ers didn't like hearing these new fanged TR's would make the BFO obsolete.

I see it a little different. While the idea that some 25 years of my perfecting the use of the VLF detector is being threatened of becoming obsolete, I look forward to FINALLY a true advancement in detector technology. Been many years.

DigImust said:
All valid points here...my question to you all is how many of you have pre-ordered more than 1 EQ?

I'm #2 on my dealer's list. I ordered mine Sept 17th :super:

Rick73 said:
Look at the post "Minelab's website is down" which had 69 comments while a couple of days later "Minelab site is UP" has 1 comment.
Look at the "conspiracy" post, 5 pages of stuff and I post treasure talk with the latest gold finds by a respected detectorist and get 4 comments so it appears we really aren't interested in what the Equinox is capable of.
I realise Gordon is in the U.K. but if you think there is any difference between a quarter stater there and a small gold ring here you need to open your eyes :look:
HH Jeff

laplander said:
Rick73 said:
Look at the post "Minelab's website is down" which had 69 comments while a couple of days later "Minelab site is UP" has 1 comment.
Look at the "conspiracy" post, 5 pages of stuff and I post treasure talk with the latest gold finds by a respected detectorist and get 4 comments so it appears we really aren't interested in what the Equinox is capable of.
I realise Gordon is in the U.K. but if you think there is any difference between a quarter stater there and a small gold ring here you need to open your eyes :look:
HH Jeff

“Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.” – Yoda

Dan(NM) said:
“Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.” – Yoda

Attachment leads to jealousy, the shadow of greed that is.

Jason in Enid said:
Dan(NM) said:

Attachment leads to jealousy, the shadow of greed that is.

“Secret, shall I tell you? Grand Master of Jedi Order am I. Won this job in a raffle I did, think you? “How did you know, how did you know, Master Yoda?” Master Yoda knows these things. His job it is.”

laplander said:
Rick73 said:
HH Jeff

Sorry about that.

Dan(NM) said:
amberjack said:
Dan(NM) said:
amberjack said:
Dan(NM) said:
Maybe it's just me but I don't think I've seen this much hostility towards a company or a metal detector in quite some time. It seems to be pretty widespread even on Facebook. I'm just scratching my head when I read some of these post, I thought this was supposed to be a enjoyable fun-filled hobby. I suppose cabin fever has set in early this year.

have you looked at someone in a park metal detecting ? don't know about you but I walk the long way around and for a good reason..

AJ
. I'm not quite sure I get your point, I'm just a little slow I guess:). If I see someone out detecting, I usually go introduce myself and find out a little bit about him or her.

its like having a detector in hand gives people some right to come talk to me, I choose a hobby with ear muffs for a reason :buds: but am happy to help someone who is genuine most are not so I just turn on my heel .

AJ
. I normally talk to myself out loud when I'm hunting, that usually keeps most looky-loos at bay

Never had a issue talking to other detectorists, they have the same passion and interest..but who knows I guess.

Cheers

Dan(NM) said:
Maybe it's just me but I don't think I've seen this much hostility towards a company or a metal detector in quite some time. It seems to be pretty widespread even on Facebook. I'm just scratching my head when I read some of these post, I thought this was supposed to be a enjoyable fun-filled hobby. I suppose cabin fever has set in early this year.

Facebook is s....... That's why.

throw a heap of kids in a lolly shop and say you can look but you cant have any what do you expect to happen :poke:

so minelab want their cake and eat it too :buds:

hey they achieved their goal from what I can see tied up a lot of detector spending for 6 months so well done them :thumbup:

I have no funds for any detector for sale on the planet of cause unless it can tell gold from aluminium...equinox nice detector for sure but just more of the same still gotta work my butt off for gold so yep same old same old.

AJ

Nuke em said:
Dan(NM) said:

Facebook is s....... That's why.

My feelings too...it used to be a way to connect with people from the past and now all it is is a big POS. JMO...

Dan(NM) said:

It could be other manufacturers have their hobits on message boards trying to slow down the sales of the Equinox? Just thinking to myself. :)

On another forum . In UK a person said sales have been flat this year. I thing on in one or two shops selling unpopular brands maybe but not all. The Deus sells well as do some Garretts.

Social media. The BT Barnum of the new world oder.

I spent 14 years in the retail trade. what I see on the forums about Minelab and the Ea is standard fare that I saw in retail. People want it NOW. They want to know WHEN it will be available. Minelab being silent so long really ramped up their impatience. Retail customers bring dump truck loads of crap to the store with them and if you do not have what they want or can not readily obtain what they want they quickly start dumping those trucks.

I see the same traits in many of those talking about the equinox. Being one who detects does not change them from being a AZZ.

Facebook like I care what some dim wit or cousin had for lunch or color of their new soaks, humans are going on fast rewind backwards.
I see the nerds walking into the telephone pole or busy traffic while talking on their one brain cell.phones.

These days Facebook just turns people into social ogres . It either makes you a sissy or makes you aggressive . I am glad i got thrown off , yes thrown off . Actually thats a damned good tag to have . Freedom .
PS it was nothing to do with detecting . Social media is nothing but trouble , even Faceachbook says to much is bad for you .

I say more than 1 minute is bad for you.