Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

things every detectorists should have with them...

Oh.
I thought you were describing detecting curb strip's in the more colorful neighborhood's of Cleverland.
🤓😁😆
That's the beauty of the outfit...it works EVERYWHERE. But you might want to pack heat (hand grenades) in some areas. :cool:

This is an excellent thread including many well thought out suggestions. Thumbs up to the OP and those that participated in this thread. One item that I always bring with me on a hunt is my "Pocket Guard" which is a 26,000 volt stun gun. It's not to ward of 2 legged predetors, (I have tools for that scenario), it is a remedy for insect, and snake bites. The electrical charge when administerd to the affected area neutralizes the protien in the venom. I know from personal experience that the 26,000 volt stun gun is very effective for that application. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Attachments

• StunGun.jpg
    StunGun.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 76
This is an excellent thread including many well thought out suggestions. Thumbs up to the OP and those that participated in this thread. One item that I always bring with me on a hunt is my "Pocket Guard" which is a 26,000 volt stun gun. It's not to ward of 2 legged predetors, (I have tools for that scenario), it is a remedy for insect, and snake bites. The electrical charge when administerd to the affected area neutralizes the protien in the venom. I know from personal experience that the 26,000 volt stun gun is very effective for that application. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel
I don't know which is worse...snake venom or 26,000 volts???????????????? :unsure: :oops::rolleyes:

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel
I'd like to hear that story.
And effectiveness on spider an scorpion stings.

I don't know which is worse...snake venom or 26,000 volts???????????????? :unsure: :oops::rolleyes:
Howdy Moneys Uncle--
Awhile ago, I was bitten by a spider on my finger. I didn't pay much attention to it until the next day when the pain was very intense. The tip of my finger was swollen and looked like I had a cherry tomatoe on the end of my finger. I was going on a relic hunting trip near the Pecos River with my old friend Kenneth Little. When I told Kenneth about the bite and its effects He immediately took his 26,000 volt stun gun and zapped my finger 4 or 5 times, which was painless. By the time we arrived at the relic site ( about 2 hours after the treatment) , the swelling was gone and the pain had compleatly subsided. Kenneth said that it would work on rattle snake bites too. Kenneth's word was always good enough for me. I know that there have been "studies" disputing the effectiveness of utilizing a low voltage stun gun for treatment of insect or snake bites but I liken it to the the claimes that if a person took the covid vaccine they could NOT contract the the virus or transmit the the virus. Your question, from my point of view, has an easy answer: The snake venom is WAY worse than a few zaps with the 26,000 volts stun gun! Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I'd like to hear that story.
And effectiveness on spider an scorpion stings.
Howdy Odenscoils--
I replied to Monkeys Uncle with one my experiences using the stun gun for insect bites. After that experience , I always take my stun gun with me on hunts. I have used it for ant bites several time with good results and one time on a relic hunt I reached in the hole for an eagle button and also had a scorpian in my hand - it got me in the palm of my hand and I immediatley zapped my hand and had no problem. . Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Last edited:
Thank you, Blind Squirrel. I wasn't aware of using a stun gun for venomous bites. Very informative!! Thanks again.
Only thing I can add, try pet flea collars around the ankles for wooded areas with potential for 'Chiggers' and or 'ticks'. HH (y)

Howdy Odenscoils--
I replied to Monkeys Uncle with one my experiences using the stun gun for insect bites. After that experience , I always take my stun gun with me on hunts. I have used it for ant bites several time with good results and one time on a relic hunt I reached in the hole for an eagle button and also had a scorpian in my hand - it got me in the palm of my hand and I immediatley zapped my hand and had no problem. . Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel
Thanks BlindSquirrel.
Hopefully I never have to try it.
Hard to find a low voltage stungun these days.
Most advertising 100K-1M volts.
This definitely has my curiosity up.

Thanks BlindSquirrel.
Hopefully I never have to try it.
Hard to find a low voltage stungun these days.
Most advertising 100K-1M volts.
This definitely has my curiosity up.
Odenscoils--
I know that most advertised stun guns are high voltage - 100K to 1m volts. The 26,000 volt item may be out of production. On the box it's called "Pocket Guard" on the User Manual it is referred to as Pocket Electric Shocker 8504. I don't see an address or any contact information on either the box or the manual. Here is a scan of the manual - it may help you to locate one. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Attachments

• SGManual2.jpg
    SGManual2.jpg
    592.6 KB · Views: 77
Odenscoils--
I know that most advertised stun guns are high voltage - 100K to 1m volts. The 26,000 volt item may be out of production. On the box it's called "Pocket Guard" on the User Manual it is referred to as Pocket Electric Shocker 8504. I don't see an address or any contact information on either the box or the manual. Here is a scan of the manual - it may help you to locate one. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel
Again. Thank You.