Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Things I found in the 70's.......and kept....

Kerby...

Back in the 70's and 80's I used to metal detect in Kansas (Junction City-Ft Riley). At the time coins were always a target and of course all the gold rings I found at Milford lake, but I kept some of the odd stuff. And of course we had no internet back then and it was hard to find out what things were.

Thanks to this forum I found out this was a grill pass.
capark1937.jpg

And with the internet I guess this is a Postal button? But some have dots after the letters and some do not. Mine does not. It was found in the 70's and appeared to be old at the time.
button-1.jpg

And another old button that I can't find the ID on the internet. Any help?
button-2.jpg

A very small compass with a brass back. Found on Ft. Riley (back when they would let us). And it still works!
compass-a.jpg

What appears to be something off a saddle? Found on Ft. Riley.
saddle-1.jpg

A button? Says "Wright " on the top and "KCMO" on the bottom.
kcmo.jpg

And old coin from the Phillipines found in the Junction City, KS area. I guess the U.S. minted the coin.
coin-phil.jpg

A medallion? From New Orleans. Found in Kansas.
token-3.jpg

And when we went on vacation to Virginia. She is from the SW part of Virginia (Buchannon County) and I found this in my Uncle Randall Jewell's yard, My mom's maiden name is Jewell and this is a coal mining token of some sort from the Jewell Ridge Coal Co.
jewelltoken.jpg

Thanks for any help. Can't wait to buy a detector and start again. I haven't been detecting since 1986 when I left Kansas.

:)

Kerby...

#1) Skip.
#2) I have found buttons like this at an old railroad site without the postman on it, I will look when I get home if I don't forget.
#3) This is a modern blazer or suit coat button.
#4) Looks like the compass that came out of a Rambo knife handle or similar knife.
#5) This is from a US Army Calvary unit delineated by the crossed sabers or swords, my guess Head Quarters (I can't make the last part out, may be) Company B or just 43. The tabs on it point to it being fastened to something made of cloth not leather.
#6) I have found many of these buttons at the railroad site, I think it is part of a snap together button.
#7) The coins from the island are made there not in the US, and that vintage has a young King with glasses on.
#:geek: Skip.
#9) I think I've seen one of these I'd before, they came in bag of coal.
Those are my guesses.

Sorry for the mistaks, hard for my old eyes to post from my cell.

Your last item is COAL COMPANY STORE SCRIPT used by the miners to obtain a keg of black powder, for use in blasting down the coal in the mine.
http://patheoldminer.rootsweb.ancestry.com/brenizer1c.gif
http://patheoldminer.rootsweb.ancestry.com/brenizer4.gif http://patheoldminer.rootsweb.ancestry.com/brenizer1b.gif
SOURCE