Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Things that FLY......

Hi Jerry and Joe etc.

I have flown all kinds of RC gliders....including things you just would think could fly....One time I strapped a pair of wings onto a small model of an old time bathtub and no problems keeping that cow in the air! Ha ha...
I was lucky enough to live a few miles away from super slope soaring site that all the commercial model designers would use to test out their
New designs....I got quite a good education from hanging around these guys and a large group of really good pilots!

I still have an original Hobbie Hawk....that I have a story or two about...still flies great!

Cheers for now,

Tye

Hi Tye
Great idea!
I am a real newbie at this. I have a Dualsky Hornet Quad and a JMT HJ Flamewheel. I crashed the Hornet and I am now waiting for parts. The Flamewheel I have not been able to fly. I connect the battery and it arms but nothing after that. It came with no instructions. It is a Chinesse rip off of the DJI Flamewheel.
I really started to get into this to do some aerial photography but had no success yet.
Hopefully Jerry finds the post
All the best
Joe

Hi Joe !

Glad you found it....I'm fairly new to multi rotor craft....I have flown regular helicopters and fixed wing gliders and some powered planes for
A lot longer. I have two XAircaft multi rotors and one open sourced controller in another hexagon airframe.

One thing I do know Joe...if you want to take decent video...you have to have a pretty good auto pilot(controller).....

Most of the better video I've seen are by guys using a Wu Kong....over $1000 But DJI also makes a pretty good controller for about $300
Called Naza...good at holding position etc.

You might already know about all this stuff so....let's see.....

We might have to go find him Joe ...haha

Cheers!

Tye

Hi Tye
Yes I should have gone for the DJI Naza :cry: but tried to cut cost by buying the so called ARF HJ. Really struggling with it. I have thought of just buying the DJI flame wheel and using this one for spares.
I will have to try and get this one in the air but I am not that technical when it come to electronics. That's why I bought the ARF. Big mistake. Anyway I will have some time next week to have another go at it. I a trying to match it up with a Futaba T8J. What do you use.
Cheers
Joe

I fly RC planes and helicopters. All electric. Currently I have 9 airplanes and 5 helicopters ranging from ultra-micro(18" wingspan) to large(62" wingspan) and from trainers to 3D aerobatic. A lot of fun but can get expensive.

Some of my RC's

All-RC-9.jpg

My 3D flier

Visionaire-3.jpg

My micros

All-Micros-2.jpg

Hi S.Wind !

That's quite an Air Force you got there....I especially like the red biplane.....
It looks like you got a couple of Helis hiding there too....
Have you tried out any multi rotor craft? ... they're fun also...

Thanks for the nice pictures of the mighty 'South Wind Air Force'....

Yes...these flying things can get expensive....sometimes I wish I could crawl into the cockpit.

Cheers S.W. ,

Tye

Hi Joe!

Yea....setting up your radio can be a little bit of a problem sometimes...I have had those problems myself.
My main radio is a Spektrum 7...and they're somewhat different compared to your Futaba.....
I have never used a Futaba before maybe Jerry has...if we could only find him..:detecting:
I left him another post in the ATX forum.....hopefully Jerry will see it.

My hexa is similar to you flame wheel frame... I like the 6 arm setup a lot.
Very stable..

Joe, if I can find a copy of the flight controller manual for your JMT HJ model....I might be of some help....
I'll have a look tonight....

Cheers Joe,

Tye

That's quite a collection, Southwind.

Thanks for your offer of help Tye I will send some details through on Monday. Busy weekend.
Hope you have a good one too.
Cheers
Joe

Hi Joe ...

I got 3 days off this weekend so I'm going to have a good one....hope you do too!
I will look for your info next week.

Cheers Joe!

Tye

Hi Tye
Just got the dji Phantom 2 + H32D Gimbal for GoPro. I should get the gopro next week. First flight was this morning and am very impressed. The thing almost flies itself.
Looking forward to head to Sydney in a couple. Will do some fossicking at Sofala and some aerial photography at Windsor.
Did you get the Phantom?
All the best
Joe

Used to restore Antique Airplanes from 1976 to 1995 here is the third restoration a Waco CSO from 76. You can see the wing tips of the first one we did to the left.

Hello all I also fly R/C aircraft I have 2, 100cc and 1, 50cc aerobatic aircraft. I Love the r/c hobby also. I also fly a arena blimp for the S.I.U. Salukis basketball games. ( I have more fun than anyone in that areana !!)

Hi joemac. the blimp was purchased from a company call aerostar blimpworks. It's a 16 foot one, at a cost of $6300, luckily I didn't have to pay for it. It belongs to Learfield Sports (a promotional co. for S.I.U. ) I just have the joy of flying it!!