Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Think the NOX IS NOT SPECIAL??

Trashfinder

I have a hard time trying to explain to others what makes the NOX so special, i have always heard a picture is worth a thousand words, so here you go! No i did not find silver with this plug i cut yesterday, but it could have been and often times is for me. Try getting any machine to tell you there was a target next to a chunk of iron like this lol! Only the NOX can do it!!

Are you saying Nox is the only detector that can identifiy a Target next to big iron? Have you ever had a ctx 3030?

it's examining the ground and targets in more detail than is present. I think in the literature they call it "multiple data points-- giving the detector high resolution"
cjc

It’s good the EQ can perhaps grab a coin with big iron. But watch this.....https://youtu.be/8HLo_IfD3kY This is coin hunting with the CTX,I don’t dig ANY signal without thinking it’s a coin. When I say in the video,”I don’t know what it is”,I mean wheat,memorial or silver. But it signaled and repeated in my very high and tight disc pattern. It’s possible that the EQ will clean up even MORE of these mixed type targets,which I’m sure there are plenty of!
Sometimes it’s just getting the initial hit to then investigate,then Minelab takes over from there.:)

TRASHFINDER its a impressive machine....As far as the ctx goes it cost 2500.00. Can the Nox beat the CTX on deep silver maybe not in clean ground but it can compete with it even in that detecting scenario. Can the Nox beat the ctx in iron on relics? Sure can!! Can the Nox see coins the CTX cant alert on ? Sure can SUBE posted that... Is the CTX telling lies to users on masked coins sometimes? YEP...

A lot of people will say the CTX can ID a 10 silver dime better. I would say so what.. Guys how many 10 inch silver dimes do you see being dug on the forums?

Does the Nox beat the CTX on gold ? YEP sure does....

My point is this the Nox cost 800.00 and shouldn't be beating the CTX or ETRAC at anything but it does.....Good job minelab bringing the prices down so us common folk can own one...

BTW a big piece of iron by a non ferrous makes it hard to detect the non ferrous and a lot of machines might not have seen it..

X2 Calabash I have rehunted site after site and came to the same conclusion - finding lots of targets the fore mentioned detectors couldn't recognize, in trash and at depth on open ground. Not to mention so easily!
Let the games begin :starwars: and opinions LOL
Laplander

calabash digger said:
TRASHFINDER its a impressive machine....As far as the ctx goes it cost 2500.00. Can the Nox beat the CTX on deep silver maybe not in clean ground but it can compete with it even in that detecting scenario. Can the Nox beat the ctx in iron on relics? Sure can!! Can the Nox see coins the CTX cant alert on ? Sure can SUBE posted that... Is the CTX telling lies to users on masked coins sometimes? YEP...

A lot of people will say the CTX can ID a 10 silver dime better. I would say so what.. Guys how many 10 inch silver dimes do you see being dug on the forums?

Does the Nox beat the CTX on gold ? YEP sure does....

My point is this the Nox cost 800.00 and shouldn't be beating the CTX or ETRAC at anything but it does.....Good job minelab bringing the prices down so us common folk can own one...

BTW a big piece of iron by a non ferrous makes it hard to detect the non ferrous and a lot of machines might not have seen it..

Heck I pulled coins from a foot deep in clean ground with a single frequency detectors. What makes and breaks a detector is its unmasking abilities. The Equinox has that ability and at depth too. My guess is that Equinox find coin at foot deep in clean ground also. By the way my Equinox 600 cost me only $650.

MEV said:
Are you saying Nox is the only detector that can identifiy a Target next to big iron? Have you ever had a ctx 3030?

Yep 5 of them ,, it can see on target trace but will never tone i even made videos.

You know it is one thing for a Ctx or Etrac to find a target with a couple nails,,, but this is a 2.5 inch square chunk of iron,,, i know exactly what the Se pro, etrac and ctx will do i have had many of them... NULL LOL! See the distance between the cap and iron?? It is no gap! That is impressive if you think your ctx and etrac can do that get you a big piece of square iron and place it touching a cap and see what happens. Maybe with a few inches apart but not right against it!

It is something you have to experience first hand to get a grasp of what is happening. I came from a CTX and eTrac before that. I thought I was pretty good with those, and they put a hurtin' on the silver coin population in sites...or just coins in general. Since the Nox got in my hands, I have been constantly amazed at what the CTX and eTrac missed in sites. Most of the time, it has been coins in close proximity of trash, often times coming up in the same hole. In fact, I demo this on a live dug target in a video, in which turns out to be a silver dime mere inches from trash. You can hear the high tone of the silver coin and a wiggle or two away, hear the trash item. It's almost surgical. This happens too often to be a coincidence. The CTX was decent at co locating targets. The Equinox takes it to another level IMO.

Bigtom123 said:
How can you be sure the nox didn’t false on the iron,and the cap just happened to be there?

You can hear both targets, most usually when a machine false's on big iron it is a high tone , i guess i should have put up more info. I was getting a 21,22 for the ID which is pretty close to what i get for a cap by itself.

Trashfinder said:
How can you be sure the nox didn’t false on the iron,and the cap just happened to be there?

You can hear both targets, most usually when a machine false's on big iron it is a high tone , i guess i should have put up more info. I was getting a 21,22 for the ID which is pretty close to what i get for a cap by itself.

I totally understand and believe you.I was just curious and wanted to ask.Thanks

Today I dug a general service button with a one direction 17 locked on turn any at all it was jumping everywhere do to nails in the hole big square nails she was jumping into the 20s but I got the button and felt like I was digging a button tbh.its a great machine and I could never afford a ctx without a divorce.lol.

Minelab. The EQ is special, but so is the FBS machines, the BBS machines ( Sovereign- Excal ), the pulse GPX, and even the lowly Musketeer has found deep coins in iron. These are all made by Minelab. One wont replace the other. They all have positives and negatives.

I don’t have a Nox yet, but will get one ASAP......I see folks talking about depth more so than masking.....I was running a Sov GT and my buddy was running an ETrac in a spot where we pulled a good amount of old Silver....plenty of Mercs and quite a few Barbers......Just for giggles, we would check each other’s targets before digging......Every target that I found,my buddy could read no problem, however there were quite a few targets that he found that I could not read......I spent time on a few of them adjusting my Soveriegn trying to save face to no avail.......The issue was not depth, it was masking......The Etrac dealt with masking better than the Soveriegn bottom line..... That is when I bought an ETrac......Now I’m reading on how well the Nox is dealing with masking, it seems like a natural progression....These sites have been pounded to death !!! If I can find just a few old Silvers that I missed it would be worth it.......Jim