Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Think we will see a lot of E tracs for sale..

Perhaps so, if some E-trac users have developed back problems after swinging that heavy monster.:nopity::blowup:

Nope! The E-Trac is a VERY proven detector! It has pulled more silver for me than any combined!

Deus is the new kid on the block! Still lots to prove to me! There is a place for both of them.

the etrac has its good points ,if you are of big build it wont bother you swinging that heavy beast all day ,but if you want small and light then the deus is the winner by far.

with my other machines i have a bag of bits in a bag that needs assembling on site ,wrestle with the headphones with dangling cables,then theres the bits of tubing with dangling cables that need to be slotted together ,plug in the phones and after5 minutes you are`ready .oh and check the batteries didnt come lose in the bag .

the dues is instant to go .control box in pocket ,headphones in pocket ,grab the collapsed stem and coil and you are away .
reach site ,slip out the stem ,turn on box and backphones and you are off to a flying start .seconds to start .

when finished all collapsed quickly and you are away .

other machines ,disasemble the bits and pieces and
pack into the bag . lug back to car .

Completely different detectors .

Convenience is great but at the end of the day results are all that matter to me.I have several machines at the present because no one machine can excel under all conditions.The E-Trac is a multi frequency machine and the Deus is a single frequency "at any given time" machine.I plan on giving it a good trial in the near future and if I get better results with it than my E-Trac I will be using it at the sites where it excels.
Lightening fast recovery speeds have their place and that is where I plan to start my evaluation of this speedster:)

You and me both Ray, I should have mine by the weekend.........:bouncy:

Was out again today for 6 hours on 3 new fields. Nothing special but a 1907 Barber dime and tons of colonial buttons. Last week was a 1894-O Barber dime and an 1871 seated half dime. It just sucks up those 6-7mm buttons. You know that if you're hitting those at 6" absolutely nothing is getting by. Been digging more iffy signals lately. 9 out of 10 are non ferrous targets not iron. You pretty much learn what is iron and if really not sure one plug out and you will know.

Just love using it. You can swing all day even using the large coil which I only use now for the fields - stock coil in the woods...

Anyone that buys this machine will love it if you use it where it works best. Think UK detecting - just dig everything over a certain CO value. I use a CO of 40 in 12k. I recover 3x as many non ferrous targets as my E-Trac friends do. And I still love the E-Trac, it's just not getting out with me that much anymore...

I totally agree with what you stated Ray.

I just got one from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies and it's on it's way to me and the ground here is about there now to hunt, thawing out now nicely with 50 degree temps and daylight savings time change this weekend too helping out. Didn't get the bigger coil yet just stock 9" I'm mainly a coin and jewlery hunter myself. Can't wait to give a go and see what turns up on spots I have hit already with my other machines.

Good talking to you yesterday!

Be sure to post your likes and dislikes. We are all hear to learn! :thumbup:

I for one will not be selling my E-Trac, but I will be looking into buying a Deus. Having both of them in my stable will allow me to hunt in almost any ground condition for any type of target. My only problem is, I want to buy a water machine (Excal or CZ21) as well and cannot decide which one to get first. Decisions, decisions....

Steve - if you really need a water machine, and I see you already have an E-Trac, then I would get the water machine before I'd add the Deus to your stable.
That's my opinion and I have both the Deus and the E-Trac and my friends ALL have E-Tracs and I've used the Deus for over 150 hours now and the E-Trac for more than 2 years.

Yes the Deus is all this and that but at the end of the day it's a marginal difference to the E-Trac. They both have their place. My buddies make great finds and I make great finds. We know it's "he who walks over it first" gets it. That's in clean plowed fields which is where I use it.

Now if you didn't own the E-Trac and were debating between the two, that would be a much different decision. I think the $400 price reduction isn't going away so fast. At $2299 they didn't move much if any. And the large coil makes a big difference if you like to cover lots of ground. That's another $560 to consider. I'd do what I could to try before I buy - somehow someway. You're welcome to shoot up here to NY for a day and I'd gladly let you take it for a spin on one of my colonial plowed fields.