Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking about a CTX3030

Both are bgreat detectors but you do bet what you pay for. The CTX is deeper and more stable--especially in fast salt. There's also fewer bleeds or iron targets up into the Non ferrous range. I will say though that the NOX offers you adjustable speed and bias--helpful in iron. Still the pro's choice--mine anyhow.

Thats true too Gary. There are so many bleeds and wild numbers with the EQ that you have to block to get any accuracy from it. (disc / notch). Works well that way though.
cjc

That's a great analysis, Sube--glad you are still at it--and really examining these machines accurately. I put in a post above before reading yours and basically said the same thing.
I just wish that both these machines supported the big coils better in salt--just does not seem to be enough processing power in either--especially the NOX. Shame they didn't make better use of even the scale that's present too. You also seem to get more additive responses with the Nox when you don't fully clear your target.
You are the one who should write a book! I would be the first to buy it.
cjc

Clive said You also seem to get more additive responses with the Nox when you don't fully clear your target.

Very true Clive as for writing a book naw I would rather detect but thanks for the compliment . sube

Jason in Enid said:
Yes, it does have presets for those types of hunting. No, I dont recommend it. You want an Equinox. It does everything the CTX does but it does it lighter and cheaper. Thats the reason this forum is almost dead. Its not that there is anything wrong or bad about the CTX, its a wonderful machine. Unless you are picking up a used one for a steal of a deal, the EQX is cheaper, faster and lighter. I still have my CTX, but I havent used it since I got my EQX.
Just starting to get what I want mine to do, find good deep targets. It's ID is the only thing I don't like....It could by be better, but the depth, oh yeah

While i think many will agree Minelab needs a new flagship coin hunter (sorry Nox fans the 800 is not it) the ctx in my opinion is still the king of silver. I have a 20 year old test garden and while the nox has great depth, It still cant read the 9" liberty dime resting in the ground all these years like the ctx can. Are there really folks out there getting the same extreme depth with the Nox as the CTX, because I sure didn't see it.

All I want is the VID from the CTX with its multiple target color display along with its adjustable tone bins moved to the lighter Nox platform that will add the missing sensitivity to small targets and provide first-class target separation ability. There it is -- the perfect detector!