Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking About Down Sizing

For the last couple of months, I have been using the Legend and a Teknetics Patriot. Last week, I charged the Etrac's battery and headed my favorite park. I hunted two days at this park for about 5-6 hours total. I decided to open the disc pattern and try to pick out the high tones. Right off the bat, I was not use to the multitude of signals, but I pressed on. On the first hunt, I found 7 deep wheat pennies. Deep meaning 8-10 inches. Yesterday I was back in the same general area and had similar success with wheat pennies. I found 8 yesterday in two hours. No silver, but if I had put the coil over one, it would have been mine.

With an open screen, I know why these coins had been missed. There was either trash or rusty iron in the hole or very close by. Yes this detector is heavy, but it is deep and accurate. If you can stand creeping the coil, this detector can be used in trash. The moral of the story is "I just can't part with this detector"
I echo that!My etrac has been in my garage for several years and i am about toorder my second replacement screen for the ctx so i believe i may pull out the etrac dinosaur and hunt in two tone ferros for a few days.