Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking of selling my e-trac

Hi you all, I am thinking of selling my e-trac. I have had it about a month and a half and love it. Problem is I started a new business a few months back and I am finding that I am spending more time than I should metal detecting and finding old coins than I spend developing my business. I just thought I would give a heads up in this forum before I post the detector in the classified forum or ebay. The e-trac has got to be the best metal detector out in the market today. I am going to miss it!
Thanks!

I was feeling the same way. I just started a new business and I need to work it hard right now.

I love the E-trac but it was taking too much of my free time. It was a temptation so often so I sold it. It was a great machine.

I did not lose any money on the deal. The E-trac paid for itself and held its value pretty well. I have sold my F-75 also but lost my butt on that one. I sold all my other machines too.

The E-trac holds it value well. Its reputation as the must have machine keeps a high demand for even used units.

If I was to get another machine, it would be the E-trac at this time. Maybe another machine in the future seeing how technology seems to jump ahead so often but for now, the E-trac is da machine!!!!.

My .02 on this one. I had my Explorer some years back and I thought that I had to sell it. My reason was that my X and I parted ways and I got the short end of the big stick when it came to the bank account. So it was the first thing to go. In my case I never was on a forum that had helpful people and I was pretty frustrated with all of them flute sounds :) But long story short, for years I have regretted it. Hard times fell on everyone and for a lot of people and throwing down 2k on a Etrac with a couple coils is not easy to do.
Are you sure you just cant put it up in the closet or loan it to a friend so that someday when you want to get back in to the hobby you can?

I hate to see anyone get stuck like I was, it must of been 4 years before I had enough money to buy another detector. I thought about it everday for that 4 years to.

As for your business, I have spent the last 3 years teaching people to run their business online. In my business we build out websites for our clients and then get them off the ground and teach the client how to market online. I have helped people in all income brackets and I have seen a lot of people go down in a ball of flames from stinking lying sales people. If your new business is an online business.. please please and please message me, i will help you get the right direction for free. I would hate to see a fellow etrac user loose out.

But if its a real world business I am afraid I cant help.. hahaha.. unless you wanna take it online.. but thats another story for another day. I just dont want nobody to get rid of their detector and regret it like i did!

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

I understand where you are coming from. Nope, my new business is not online business, it is a woodworking business. I make custom furniture by hand. I have noticed that I am having so much fun detecting that I am procrastinating starting on furniture that people have ordered. It hit me one afternoon while detecting for two hours that I was spending all that time finding about 36 cents in change whereas I could of made roughly $75 during that time working in my wood shop.

I could put it in my closet but I sure could use the $ also.

Hi Swayne,

I am a small business man also.
I am a certified Arborist and do large tree climbing, pruning and removals and I went through a similar scenario a couple of years back.
I pretty much put my detectors on the shelf and work, work, worked at business all the time.
Now with the wisdom of hindsight I have realized that life doesn't feel all that good when it is all one sided.
I now make it a point to reserve a day during the week for hobby time to get out and swing the detector and I know I am better balanced mentally, more energetic for work, and just happier all around for doing this, and I bet you would be too.
Unless you are absolutely strapped for cash keep your E-Trac and pencil in a schedule for work and play, I use a day timer logbook and desk calendar for reference.
Trust me I have been there done that sell my stuff and always ended up wishing I had it back constantly until I ended up replacing it at much higher cost than just keeping it.

All the best in what ever course you take, and best of luck with your woodworking venture.

Drew.

Metal detecting has not interfered with my job and pay...but it has caused me to neglect the "Honey-Do List." heh-heh

Wipe it down real good..take the bat. out and put it up! you'll regret it if you don't need the money and dump it for that reason.

Just hate to see a fellow MD'er get rid of a good thing. Hope it works out for ya.

HH

Please take my word for it. I got rid of a detector that I really had success with. I have regreted it ever sence. If nothing else, introduce a friend or a family member to THing and let them learn with a top notch detector. I hope it comes togeather for you big time.

Well might as well throw in my 2 Half Cents here.. Being a small business owner myself..

Hang on to it.. Like it was said before. just set you a time or a day to detect. My dad and i go every Saturday. and its very relaxing.. Even though, Most of the time, We do not find very much. Still lets us relax and forgot about the worries of the week..

Hell man. You know you love the e-trac or you wouldn't be asking us to convince you to keep it.. I know i love the e-trac so much I ended up with 2.. Trying to convert my dad over to the dark side.. :twodetecting:

Like others have said. if its paid for, and you dont NEED the money.. Keep it.. You will be very glad you did..

Bob

Thanks for all the good opinions.
Yes, I can see many reasons why I should keep the e-trac. Heck it still gives me tingles when I turn it on and hear the flute like beeps. But dang, I am one of those type of guys that loves to do so much but only has so much time. Like I mentioned I am starting a wood shop plus work as a environmental consultant plus I travel, ski, kayak, fish, hunt and try to spend a lot of time with my lovely girl friend. I just got back from Chile last Tuesday, I fly into Mazatlan this friday, then when I get back I will then head over to Venice, Italy. All this in one month just for business. Anyway, when things slow down with my real job, the area I live in will be under snow until March or April so my detecting here in the northern rockies will be limited.

I guess in a way, I have a fear that Minelab in a year or so will introduce a E-trac version 2, or something like that, making my $1500 unit worth a lot less. This happened to me with the Minelab X-terra 70. I bought the pro package for well over $800 only to find out that with in a month they came out with the 705. This really chapped my rear! Basically I sold my 70 for half the amount of money I bought it for to upgrade to the e-trac. I would hate to have my e-trac in my closet sitting there to find out it is worth half the amount because of a new model...just in case I want to upgrade. I hope all this stuff makes sense.

Even if Minelab does come out with another Etrac Version2, when will it stop, as long as the machine does what you want it to do, stick with it. HH

That is true. I will agree that if minelab has an upgraded e trac on the horizon that it really won't matter. And take that machine with you on those trips!! Man you have a a great job sounds like.

The only thing the E-Trac eats is batteries or a little electicity while charging. Unless you need the money take out the batteries and store it until your ready for it. Its like a good friend it will be there when you need it.
If you don't plan on using it get it up for sale and don't look back. If it ain't eating anything or costing you money why get rid of it?

Just a thought.
BCOOP