Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking on going cordless

sasquache

Anyone use cordless with there Safari's i love my Minelab head phone but sometimes the cord is a pain in the butt. Any ideas ???? Thanks Sasquache

Sasquache- Yes, quite a few of us. Try the search hyperlink function above, then in the search messages field -add "wireless headphones" ,select minelab safari/ quattro forum (or other minelab fbs detector forum if you'd like) ,then under options, select all dates... hope this helps.... give it a few minutes to return results....HH today, should be in upper 40s here near the Jersey shore.

Been enjoying the discontinued RS 33-283 headphones for about five years now...

Do those RS headphones Completly cover your ears?

I went wireless with a few machines,then bought a few of the newer machines that come wireless..At first it was great,then I got tired of charging,storing,and just one more thing to make sure is working correctly before going out hunting..Main reason I don’t want any machines that need to be charged,I’m old school and prefer aa batteries..I’ve since went back to my gray ghosts and couldn’t be happier,just plug them in and nothing to worry about.

Thank you BigTom i really thought the same thing cordless=Charging is it really worth it? Maybe i will hold off because of cost because my corded headphones really work great!

Yep, another old schooler here and I stay with corded phones. I always carry 2 spare headphones just in case I'm far away from home and stores!

Great idea Goldstrike also i keep a extra spare pack of AA'S and 9 volts you never know.

sasquache said:
Great idea Goldstrike also i keep a extra spare pack of AA'S and 9 volts you never know.

You got it sasquache!!:thumbup: Although I invested in a RnB 3100 battery and haven't used AA's for a long time now. It's so much more convenient because I'm not looking at the battery status all the time. I'm buying the 3400 battery and will have 2 battery's which is more than enough power to stay out in the field or beach for many, many hours. I would never go back to buying AA's. I was burning through those too quickly!!!

I'm taking the opportunity while the colder weather is here to go over my equipment and discovered a problem with the headphone connector on my detector. I took apart the handle (again) Ive done this a few times to check the wires and battery contacts for corrosion over the years etc;. Anyway, I discovered nothing wrong with the headphone connections on the detector but the push in 3.5 mill plug was defective!. It was only working in mono but not stereo!. A new push in plug was all that was needed. Now to get out in the field and see where all that gold and silver is hiding!!lol

I also went through my Safari and cleaned up everything and found my minelab pro pointer 25 on and off switch is warn any ideas how too fix that?

Works well and I can use my existing pairs of corded headphones with it.

The only issue I have using it on my E-Trac is attaching the module. It is designed for the standard round shafts on most units, so it does not fit as well on the E-Trac.

I just got the 2 modules and not the wireless headphones. That way, if things go South when hunting, I can just unplug the module and plug the corded headphones directly back into the machine.

I do agree that charging these days can become a bit of a pain. Sometimes it is easier to grab the units that take batteries, extra set of batteries, corded headphones, and go out knowing there won't be many issues in the field.

It is nice hunting with wireless units though !

kschae4 said:
Sasquache- Yes, quite a few of us. Try the search hyperlink function above, then in the search messages field -add "wireless headphones" ,select minelab safari/ quattro forum (or other minelab fbs detector forum if you'd like) ,then under options, select all dates... hope this helps.... give it a few minutes to return results....HH today, should be in upper 40s here near the Jersey shore.

Been enjoying the discontinued RS 33-283 headphones for about five years now...

I've been using the Auvio (RS 33-283) for many years and they work great. I also use Deteknix Wirefree on my ETrac the charge last longer than the Auvio but I have extra transmitter and headphones for the Auvio so I don't have to worry about having to stop detecting because of a dead battery. Wireless is the way to go especially if you hunt in the woods as you don't want to deal with getting tangled in brush and limbs..

I am currently using the zlink wireless heaphones that came with my Garrett AT max and a zlink transmitter on my Safari. I have been wireless for years now, these are by far the best that I have used so far. This is my own honest opinion. I do a lot of bush wacking with my detector and I dont have to worry about the cord getting caught on small tree or bush branches. The good folks at Serious Detecting might be able to help you out, or ask whoever it is you buy your detecting supplies from. Hope this helped. HH