Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This experienced detectorist Paystreak Superfreak on YouTube is struggling with Deus II recent software updates

I had some time this morning to brush up on soaked soil theory - I agree the EMI on the subject videos was a problem too.

Ocean water is said to be 3.5 % NaCl - Sodium Chloride or common salt - via Google
So by volume 16 oz of water would contain approximately 1/2 an oz in volume of Salt (Sodium Chloride) - and we know that plays heck with detectors
The electro conductivity (dS/m) of salt water on a scale from 1 to 100 is 42 for 3.5% salt water (I found a chart from 1955 that shows electro conductivity in relationship to the percentages of salt in water)
(Salt is a common term in science for dissolved Minerals)
Other common Soluble "salts" that can show up in soil are:

Magnesium Sulfate
Potassium Chloride
Magnesium Chloride
Calcium Chloride
Theory
These Minerals have similar Electro Conductivity of 10 to 42 at 1% to 3.5% concentration in dissolved water
If the soil is dry these salts do little, just like the dry beach sand is easy on detectors at the salt beaches.
If the soil is water saturated any of these salts can dissolve and then there would be detector issues.
So this is my theory at the moment. I have charts and graphs of these values but they are copyrighted material

The types of soil everywhere have endless combinations of ingredients. Am I on to something here?

I had some time this morning to brush up on soaked soil theory - I agree the EMI on the subject videos was a problem too.

Ocean water is said to be 3.5 % NaCl - Sodium Chloride or common salt - via Google
So by volume 16 oz of water would contain approximately 1/2 an oz in volume of Salt (Sodium Chloride) - and we know that plays heck with detectors
The electro conductivity (dS/m) of salt water on a scale from 1 to 100 is 42 for 3.5% salt water (I found a chart from 1955 that shows electro conductivity in relationship to the percentages of salt in water)
(Salt is a common term in science for dissolved Minerals)
Other common Soluble "salts" that can show up in soil are:

Magnesium Sulfate
Potassium Chloride
Magnesium Chloride
Calcium Chloride
Theory
These Minerals have similar Electro Conductivity of 10 to 42 at 1% to 3.5% concentration in dissolved water
If the soil is dry these salts do little, just like the dry beach sand is easy on detectors at the salt beaches.
If the soil is water saturated any of these salts can dissolve and then there would be detector issues.
So this is my theory at the moment. I have charts and graphs of these values but they are copyrighted material

The types of soil everywhere have endless combinations of ingredients. Am I on to something here?
Aren't our bodies made of every chemical known to mankind & animals, too?? Adam was made out of the dust of the earth or land & Eve was formed from Adam--When different minerals & Chemicals are mixed together they become poisonous & do harm instead of heal or cure, that is why to my thinking the rotting or decaying of fleshly bodies stink to high heaven! Nothing worse than a person dying & decaying before discovered as that horrible smell lingers in everything, even when washed over & over again--but could be just in the memory of smelling death the first time! I feel so sorry for Police, Fireman, Ambulance, First Responders--but thank you, Jesus, that there are those who will do the work of removing bodies from accidents, FIRES, burned cars & Homes ! The trauma is so great for some that they won't even tell about or describe the horribleness! May the Good Lord bless, comfort & give them strength to do what is needed in too many horror jobs! Life's TRIALS are Many! Ma

12 hrs with Deus 2 and not struggling. Still a lot to learn.

Attachments

• 20220423_165733.jpg
    20220423_165733.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 82