Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This find Dated my site!

zaxfire69

Hello guys and gals. Well I have been digging a site that has yielded me about 100 3 ringers and an axe. Until the other day I didn't know exactly how old it really was. Well I found that find that you hope for that kinda gives you a time frame on the age of your site. Dug this about 4 inches down. F75 is the relic machine to have if you wanna dig stuff like this. An LTD may be in my future, but the standard F75 is all I need right now. Hopefully I will find that Virgin Campsite that held around 2000 folks in it. I am still looking..
e0e3f4c6.jpg

aeea50f9.jpg

Yep. Over several months of digging. The spot is only 50'X50'. Real small. But man it has some bullets in it.

Cool bullets,and button?.Wish we had those around here!! What do those bullets i.d. at?

Thanks everyone. Rick they id around 55-65 in my soil on the F75. Depends on depth as well. Deeper taegets were Id'ing in the 40s jumping around to the mid 60's. I can tell the bullets by the tone in 2F mode. PM me Your address and I will make your wish come true Rick. Hey Bart I got Your PM. I will keep that in mind for sure. Let me see what I can do.

I forgot to ask. What caliber/type of firearm is that really tiny ringer in your pic. I am not a civil war expert, but I have never seen a pic of a 3 ring that small.

TerraDigger I am not quite sure myself. It is tiny. Might be smaller than .22 caliber. I will take a picture of it next to a modern .17 pellet from an air rifle. Hold on I will do that now.

f2efa7b0.jpg

I'm guessing in between .17 and .22..It is tiny. And it was about the depth the other 3 ringers were at..around 4 inches. F75 is a monster of a machine. I love it.

Would really be interested in seeing a picture/diagram of the firearm that used it. Well, there's your new homework assignment:) Dang, that thing is tiny.

Homework accepted. First I need to find out if this is even a Civil war Era bullet. Has that Old White Civil war type Patina. Found in the same area and depth as the 3 ringers. Let me see If I can find a picture of the bullet on the M&M site.