Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This is just SO wrong!! 😂😂😂

Steve In Michigan

So I did some beach sweeping this weekend. All metal mode, got a hit and scooped the sand and this heart stopping gem popped up... Imagine the feeling of finding a Gold coin on the beach!!! Only to have the excitement tank when you realize... It's only a piece of flipping Chocolate!!! 😆

Attachments

• 20210621_061013.jpg
    20210621_061013.jpg
    793.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 20210621_061034.jpg
    20210621_061034.jpg
    985.2 KB · Views: 91
So I did some beach sweeping this weekend. All metal mode, got a hit and scooped the sand and this heart stopping gem popped up... Imagine the feeling of finding a Gold coin on the beach!!! Only to have the excitement tank when you realize... It's only a piece of flipping Chocolate!!! 😆
Better than a Reader's Digest/Publisher's Clearing House fake aluminum with gold color anodized on it.
Just a day before in the same old park (back in 1997 as a newbie) I had found an 1854 Seated Liberty Quarter.
So...
...when the edge of this showed gold, I just about shit my pants.
I very carefully dug all around concavely under the turf and fished out the clump of dirt that was going to be my 'Golden Eldorado'.
When I pushed off some dirt very, very carefully, and saw the eagle my heart was pounding.
But whY? WHY oh why did it hardly weigh anything.?
:( :)

I got that same reader's digest fake gold colored coin about 10 years ago. Ugh.
My buddy said he dug a couple newer quarters a few years ago that someone had gold plated or painted gold.
He said he saw the 'gold' reeded edge first. Talk about a let down!

Better than a Reader's Digest/Publisher's Clearing House fake aluminum with gold color anodized on it.
Just a day before in the same old park (back in 1997 as a newbie) I had found an 1854 Seated Liberty Quarter.
So...
...when the edge of this showed gold, I just about shit my pants.
I very carefully dug all around concavely under the turf and fished out the clump of dirt that was going to be my 'Golden Eldorado'.
When I pushed off some dirt very, very carefully, and saw the eagle my heart was pounding.
But whY? WHY oh why did it hardly weigh anything.?
:( :)