Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This is NOT a loaded question for the legend... to those that had already purchased one..

Mark ( ohio )

So fellas and gals.. do you think the legend has lived up to the hype for a new detector ? I haven't made my purchase yet and will probably hold off a little longer to hopefully read some more different opinions ( true reviews not haters ).. And yes I know there is no one detector that does everything well. ( although I felt the old minelab explorer detectors were pretty damm close ).

Any thoughts.

Mark ( ohio )

I have only been able to go out twice since I have had it, mostly to test. I have had some frustrations with EMI, but I don't think that's the Legend's fault. Found a draped bust half cent on my second outing so I can't complain.

WOW a draped bust half cent is outstanding.. So are you surmising the legend is the reason the coin was found and you probably would have missed it with another detector ? Just curious

Mark ( ohio )

WOW a draped bust half cent is outstanding.. So are you surmising the legend is the reason the coin was found and you probably would have missed it with another detector ? Just curious

Mark ( ohio )
I can't say that, this was new ground for me. But it was difficult conditions (4-8inch tall scrub brush and briar next to industrial buildings with high power lines). Literally the only non-trash target I found in 2 hours.

I'm not sure about hype, but I have found The Legend to perform very well so far as NM said it would. It is my first Multi frequency machine and seems to bring another level of performance to my hunting. It won't replace my other detectors but will see the majority of my general use. Also, NM is not finished making improvements on it.

A couple things I’ve noted…….
Depth meter sucks. It says in the manual its performance is centered around a 1” coin and smaller coins may not reflect depth correctly. Lets see……. This morning I went to a county park and mostly recovered Memorials. I did get solid hits and depth meter said deep (all five bars). Dug 7” deep hole only to find coin was 2-3” deep. Did this a few times until I started checking the top of the ground with the handheld and it vibrated (I run mine at medium sensitivity)!!! The couple times I actually got deep coins the depth meter didnt function, Ferrometer didnt function, but VDI did even tho sound was very faint. This is frustrating to some degree as it seems NM assumes we are all looking for quarters (exemption was the IH at 9” but it was pushing high VDI fof a penny). Yes, you can turn up the volume in that zone but then standby if you find a buried squished can!!!! No hearing, or at least ringing for a few minutes.
In the one area with extreme EMI I tried 4khz single frequency and pulled two quarters and one dime (all silver) in an area hit by several detectors over the years. No EMI and full 30 Sens did that!
Meanwhile I’m still learning and getting better as I understand its operating procedures. For now I would grade it A-.

Depth meter, meh! I never even look at the thing. Right or wrong I just dig a plug. Been doing it that way for many a year. The Ferro meter on my machine works just fine, no problems.

A couple things I’ve noted…….
Depth meter sucks. It says in the manual its performance is centered around a 1” coin and smaller coins may not reflect depth correctly. Lets see……. This morning I went to a county park and mostly recovered Memorials. I did get solid hits and depth meter said deep (all five bars). Dug 7” deep hole only to find coin was 2-3” deep. Did this a few times until I started checking the top of the ground with the handheld and it vibrated (I run mine at medium sensitivity)!!! The couple times I actually got deep coins the depth meter didnt function, Ferrometer didnt function, but VDI did even tho sound was very faint. This is frustrating to some degree as it seems NM assumes we are all looking for quarters (exemption was the IH at 9” but it was pushing high VDI fof a penny). Yes, you can turn up the volume in that zone but then standby if you find a buried squished can!!!! No hearing, or at least ringing for a few minutes.
In the one area with extreme EMI I tried 4khz single frequency and pulled two quarters and one dime (all silver) in an area hit by several detectors over the years. No EMI and full 30 Sens did that!
Meanwhile I’m still learning and getting better as I understand its operating procedures. For now I would grade it A-.
Hey Ron.. Can I assume you have all the latest updates on the detector ? Did you buy new or a pre-owned unit ?

Excellent build quality. I’ve used many units over the years and this is my favorite machine. The only Australian equipment I have now is a pinpointer. Everything else is N/M. I have the anfibio multi, which lives under my bed now and the legend which I use all the time when I hunt now

I agree with Ronstar. Depth meter sucks. I also found the pinpoint on the 11 inch coil sucks as well. After pinpointing with the 11 inch coil I always finds the target in the sidewall. The problem I have with the pinpoint I can sweep the coil over the target after digging the plug and the Legend will not make a sound. I have to use the hand held pin pointer to find the target in the side wall.

I would say the build quality is pretty good it was just a okay detector. I mean I enjoyed it while I had it but it wasn't good enough for me to keep so I traded it in for a second Deus 2. It had good tones but I just didn't like a few things about it. The screen scratched extremely easy. And after using the deus for so many years it's hard to find any other machine that balances as well.

I agree the pinpoint is off a bit, but i about have that figured out

Ronstar has been making some nice finds with his new toy-- areas we have gone over with: etrac, ctx, nox, f5 and f75.

One always wonders if it is just swinger's luck or if the machine has something the other's don't.

I sold my nox for various reasons listed above: crappy depth meter; nox build is cheap; pinpointing was problematic, and oh man did it love trash.

I bought new but had 05 installed and then I updated to 07. 11” coil pinpoints fine once I figured out sound is more precise than the graph. I wonder if the tiny bit of lag with the wireless headphones influences that just a tiny bit. Even tho 4khz runs battery out sooner if your going into an EMI storm or well hunted area its worth running. Deeper coins that hit iffy blend into EMI chirping so getting that gone is worth doing. Initial opinion is 10khz runs just about as quiet too.