Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This Legend is already getting my attention

I pondered for quite a while as to whether I wanted to do a pre order on the DEUS 2 or the Legend it had nothing to do with money, as the money was a non issue, for me at my age I weighed everything from how much will I really get to detect with a $1600 detector and several other things I took into account and I just could not justify spending that much for the DEUS 2, when I do not get to detect near as much as I once did so ultimately the Legend won out on getting my pre order, I have only ever pre ordered one other detector and that was the Mine Lab GM 1000, I have always wanted to try a Nokta/Macro detector so when I heard they were coming out with a detector similar to the Equinox 800 I decided to pull the trigger and pre order it, now if i still lived back east instead of in Arizona my pre order may have went to the DEUS 2 maybe, I believe I will be happy with my decision, And personally I do not even want to see a comparison of the Legend to the DEUS 2, but I do hope when they get the actual units into our hands to see several real world comparisons to the NOX 800 that is the only comparison that actually matters to me, not a comparison to a Vanquish or Apex or anything similar that cost way less than the Legend, and I hope to see what I stated from someone that is not Biased one way or the other I hope to see honest comparisons

It just really kind of gets under my skin when these people posting up video comparisons compare a obvious lower priced detector to one that cost three times the amount of the lower valued detector heck to me the Legend pro pack is a screaming deal when you figure the cost of a second coil into it also for me if it detects just as good as a NOX 800 or even a little better i will be happy, and look at the build quality that I have always read about the Nokta/Macro detectors, a lot of NOX owners had to throw another $150-$200 into it just to make it rite, something mine lab should have done to begin with and don't take me wrong I love my mine lab detectors but the nox from everything I have read and seen in friends NOX the build quality just was not there yes I could have purchased a NOX 800 and then replaced the shaft and been in the hole rite out of the gate I elected to take a different route,

The other thing you could literally give a $1600 detector to someone and if that someone does not put in the time and learn that $1600 detectors language they are not going to find any better finds than someone with a $200 detector and that is a fact, they may get lucky occasionally just like we all have but they are going to be no better than the person with the $200 detector, it takes time to learn what a detector is saying and a lot of times people give up because they do not know what their detectors language is, I was that way with the AT PRO and was the complete opposite with my Xterra 705 there was just something about the ATP that I did not mesh with so it has sat since 2010 with out the batteries, it is basically still a brand new detector with maybe about a months worth of limited use in trying to learn its language

Last edited:
I pondered for quite a while as to whether I wanted to do a pre order on the DEUS 2 or the Legend it had nothing to do with money, as the money was a non issue, for me at my age I weighed everything from how much will I really get to detect with a $1600 detector and several other things I took into account and I just could not justify spending that much for the DEUS 2, when I do not get to detect near as much as I once did so ultimately the Legend won out on getting my pre order, I have only ever pre ordered one other detector and that was the Mine Lab GM 1000, I have always wanted to try a Nokta/Macro detector so when I heard they were coming out with a detector similar to the Equinox 800 I decided to pull the trigger and pre order it, now if i still lived back east instead of in Arizona my pre order may have went to the DEUS 2 maybe, I believe I will be happy with my decision, And personally I do not even want to see a comparison of the Legend to the DEUS 2, but I do hope when they get the actual units into our hands to see several real world comparisons to the NOX 800 that is the only comparison that actually matters to me, not a comparison to a Vanquish or Apex or anything similar that cost way less than the Legend, and I hope to see what I stated from someone that is not Biased one way or the other I hope to see honest comparisons

It just really kind of gets under my skin when these people posting up video comparisons compare a obvious lower priced detector to one that cost three times the amount of the lower valued detector heck to me the Legend pro pack is a screaming deal when you figure the cost of a second coil into it also for me if it detects just as good as a NOX 800 or even a little better i will be happy, and look at the build quality that I have always read about the Nokta/Macro detectors, a lot of NOX owners had to throw another $150-$200 into it just to make it rite, something mine lab should have done to begin with and don't take me wrong I love my mine lab detectors but the nox from everything I have read and seen in friends NOX the build quality just was not there yes I could have purchased a NOX 800 and then replaced the shaft and been in the hole rite out of the gate I elected to take a different route,

The other thing you could literally give a $1600 detector to someone and if that someone does not put in the time and learn that $1600 detectors language they are not going to find any better finds than someone with a $200 detector and that is a fact, they may get lucky occasionally just like we all have but they are going to be no better than the person with the $200 detector, it takes time to learn what a detector is saying and a lot of times people give up because they do not know what their detectors language is, I was that way with the AT PRO and was the complete opposite with my Xterra 705 there was just something about the ATP that I did not mesh with so it has sat since 2010 with out the batteries, it is basically still a brand new detector with maybe about a months worth of limited use in trying to learn its language
X2

Mak/Nok has been real good for the hobby of detecting.. interaction & giving buyers what they ask for is something these other detector manufacturer's sorely lack..
If You are a coin hunter I don't believe the Legend will disappoint knowing Mak/Nok's track record..having patience & turning a deaf ear to the outside noise....is gonna be worth the wait...
hh. joe

Last edited:
Dunno Wood, my buddy who I hunt with the most, sent me a video the other day via text about the Deus and beach hunting. So far it looks good. I would like to see videos from several different beach hunters in various parts of the US to help me decide if it's enough of an upgrade to justify the money. I beach hunt more than any other kind of hunting.

I would also like to see more Legend videos at the beach and someone doing depth test. How a particular detector does on relics isn't important to me at all. Most of my relic hunting is when I go back home to Louisiana. I judge detectors by percentage. Example, is the D2, 50 % better on the beach than the Legend, or 25% better ? What percentage is the Legend better than the Nox at depth on gold rings and how does it do with gold necklaces ?

Maybe I'll buy both and just compare for myself instead of waiting for videos.
Just a question to satisfy my curiosity......if beach hunting is your main hobby why dont you use a minelab fbs or bbs machine.......is it the weight factor.
Also,as a general point i see the legend has two saltwater modes...one that is better for underwater searching and one that is better for wet sand searching.......having different modes already rings alarm bells as its suitability as a really good geach hunting machine.......these modes adjust the electronics to cope with the salty conditions meaning there is probably a compromise on performance,although i doubt it will be much less efficient than the deus.
Machines like the deus are biased towards land hunting and do a decent job on the beach also,probably what the legend may be like.......but if you mainly hunt beaches you may be missing stuff that detectors like the ertac,excalibur,safari etc routinely pick up????

Just a question to satisfy my curiosity......if beach hunting is your main hobby why dont you use a minelab fbs or bbs machine.......is it the weight factor.
Also,as a general point i see the legend has two saltwater modes...one that is better for underwater searching and one that is better for wet sand searching.......having different modes already rings alarm bells as its suitability as a really good geach hunting machine.......these modes adjust the electronics to cope with the salty conditions meaning there is probably a compromise on performance,although i doubt it will be much less efficient than the deus.
Machines like the deus are biased towards land hunting and do a decent job on the beach also,probably what the legend may be like.......but if you mainly hunt beaches you may be missing stuff that detectors like the ertac,excalibur,safari etc routinely pick up????
The Nox is deeper than the Excalibur. I've compared both side by side. The Nox is better on gold chains as well when testing. I have no desire to use the Excalibur.

.having different modes already rings alarm bells as its suitability as a really good geach hunting machine..

The Nox has 2 beach settings. It's still superior to the Excalibur. I only hunt knee deep because I won't dunk the Nox. It's cheaply made and too many have leaked. That said I have no desire to hunt shoulder deep. The Excalibur is superior in regard to being waterproof. After that, there isn't an advantage to using the Excalibur. The Etrac and Safari are heavier which also puts them at a disadvantage.

The Nox is deeper than the Excalibur. I've compared both side by side. The Nox is better on gold chains as well when testing. I have no desire to use the Excalibur.

.having different modes already rings alarm bells as its suitability as a really good geach hunting machine..

The Nox has 2 beach settings. It's still superior to the Excalibur. I only hunt knee deep because I won't dunk the Nox. It's cheaply made and too many have leaked. That said I have no desire to hunt shoulder deep. The Excalibur is superior in regard to being waterproof. After that, there isn't an advantage to using the Excalibur. The Etrac and Safari are heavier which also puts them at a disadvantage.
I do agree that the excalibur isn't as deep as its made out to be.......this is also from experience gained from hunting with a friend who uses them.How does the nox compare to the etrac for depth on the beach.......it is tempting to me regarding the weight.

I do agree that the excalibur isn't as deep as its made out to be.......this is also from experience gained from hunting with a friend who uses them.How does the nox compare to the etrac for depth on the beach.......it is tempting to me regarding the weight.
I've never used an etrac on the beach so I wouldn't know.

Legend looks really good,I'm glad makro keeps putting out these great coin machines,and affordable. The Deus 2 seems to have all the relic hunters stirred up but it's still a relic machine and I can't see any Beach or coinhunters buying it. The legend will sell for sure from what I see so far in the videos, it's a better rounded machine,and the price is very affordable...
Im a beach and coin hunter and I'm buying the D2.

Ok, you "PRE ORDERED" a Deus II and again you TROLL a Nokta thread. Please go troll somewhere else...
Only responding to the subject someone else brought up. Your attention should probably be pointed towards the person that brought up the other brand :)

I don't think it's weird, neither of us have a deus 2 but I have alot of hours on the regular deus. And for coin hunting yards,parks,,,well,,let me just say there's lots of better options,,,so your speculating on the deus 2 being any better in those departments
Every tester that I've seen use the D2 says it's a completely different animal than the D1. And for separating trash from coins modern trash that is I think it'll be fine. I think it'll do everything the D1 does now, but I also think it'll do everything the nox does and more

its had my attention just from being able to fold smaller and vibrate function. i currently own an anfibio, and i had the multi kruzer, and have been happy with both machines. Looking forward to getting the legend

Every tester that I've seen use the D2 says it's a completely different animal than the D1. And for separating trash from coins modern trash that is I think it'll be fine. I think it'll do everything the D1 does now, but I also think it'll do everything the nox does and more
Since Minelab has dropped their patent on the multi frequency technology, every company is going to capitalize on the opportunity to advance this technology into their own version. Hence Nokta Makro Legends first true simultaneous true multiple frequency technology. The question now is what will Minelab be patenting next in technology? They've always had an ace in the hole! Is this going to be their true next chapter of the CTX3030?

its had my attention just from being able to fold smaller and vibrate function. i currently own an anfibio, and i had the multi kruzer, and have been happy with both machines. Looking forward to getting the legend
One thing I always liked about the Deus was it's foldability, makes it easy to transport. Heck I take my bike sometimes on the trails with the deus strapped to it and stop and hunt.

I agree with you. Don't put in the time to learn it, you can actually be worse off than with a $200 detector. I clicked with the AT Pro for 3 years but had the Nox 800 and did not click with it. Got off to a bad start and tried to use all of the features without really knowing what I was doing. Now have the CTX3030 and am putting in the time and love it.

ctx is a very good unit. ive had two, but sold my last one so i could get my wife a detector also. her health doesnt allow her to get out.

Mak/Nok has been real good for the hobby of detecting.. interaction & giving buyers what they ask for is something these other detector manufacturer's sorely lack..
If You are a coin hunter I don't believe the Legend will disappoint knowing Mak/Nok's track record..having patience & turning a deaf ear to the outside noise....is gonna be worth the wait...
hh. joe
They just seem to care more for the end user than any other company I know. How often do you see actual company representatives taking the time to speak or write to the users in other forums ?

They just seem to care more for the end user than any other company I know. How often do you see actual company representatives taking the time to speak or write to the users in other forums ?
Yeah, like Minelab doesn't have enough money to hire a person like that? Heck off the Equinox series alone they could hire a completed production company and cast of 20 alone.

I've always had quick answers from Nokta Makro on a few questions. I even had a personal call from an employee in Turkey to a problem. The problem was me. I simply could not understand a vital sentence in the manual. No other company has ever done that for me. When the Nox first came out I had a few questions. Emailed and left 2 msgs. by land line. I'm still waiting. Needless to say I'm a Nokta fan, mainly for their customer service but their detectors are great also. Over 60 detectors and almost 50 years detecting so I've learned a lot about companies. Service has to be no. 1 with me. Some companies just don't get it. Garrett and F.T. are also highly rated by me.