Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This machine is making my other machines lonely!!

Jeff in Pa

The Equinox continues to impress. Tonite once again after a day of torture working in the sun I had an hour to hunt. I found many clad coins. Again though I am running park 2 in 5 tones and recovery speed of 4. I get that deep high tone. One of those that's not screaming, much lower volume sound but still a high tone. The grass I am hunting hasn't been cut in a while but I cut an 8 inch plug with my Little Mac shovel. I love that shovel. Stick my carrot in and nothing, not a peep. I stand up swing over again. Bam! It's still in there! Dig dig dig. A good 11+ down there's a 1945 Washington quarter! Not a great find but really that depth! That's with the 11 inch coil! I am impressed to say the least. Like I have heard said before about the Equinox, this dog can hunt!

Attachments

• IMG_1590542488597.JPEG
    IMG_1590542488597.JPEG
    610.3 KB · Views: 121
Congrats! Silver is fun to pop out of the hole! I put my Equinox away for a bit and am warming up on my Explorer SE. I have a couple of places to hunt and just can't get the crown caps down.

I’m afraid to find quarters while hunting with you. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

A silver quarter is a great find in my opinion... I never get tired of finding them!!😂
I know what you mean about your other detectors.... hard for me to put my Equinox down too and use one of my others!!

A silver quarter is a great find in my opinion... I never get tired of finding them!!😂
I know what you mean about your other detectors.... hard for me to put my Equinox down too and use one of my others!!
I have an SE that I chest mounted. I love using that machine. I look at it sitting there all lonely just begging me to take it for a walk. Sorry SE!

My others have lots of dust accumulating on them as well, that is the ones I haven't sold!
HH Jeff
Yeah I've got the Anfibio Multi and the SE, both great ma
My others have lots of dust accumulating on them as well, that is the ones I haven't sold!
HH Jeff
Yeah I can say I have been on the fence about selling more of my stuff. I should just do it and not look back. The Equinox is such a pleasure to use. It's light weight is very appealing to me. One of my favorite things feature wise I like about the 800 is the range of recovery speed it has. I never go below 4 but I have gone as high as 8. That's a huge advantage this machine has. The programs available are also huge. I am only talking about how say Park 1 is weighted vs Park 2. I haven't really ventured into any others but when I am in little pieces of aluminum I will switch to Park 1. It doesn't make them magically dissappear but it does help to cut out some of it. I had the Equinox very early, I got the 2nd or 3rd round from a dealer who was only getting 2 machines at a time. I never gave that machine a chance and got rid of it. I always thought the number range of 40 was too little, I was wrong. Mine lab has built an incredible machine that has the eyes of many using or watching it.

Equinox is a great machine. Goes Deep. Went out this past Monday morning at a hunted out park. Settings : Park 2, Sens. 23, Ground Balanced, Recovery 5, FE 3, 5 Tones. Found three Indian head pennies, two Mercury head dimes and a Barber Dime. ( All coins were deep ) Go slow and investigate all signals.

Good to hear you’re getting on with it Jeff! I’m keeping your old friend company over here, I tell you what...maybe it’s a difference in our dirt??...it is doing VERY well. Maybe it’s where they respectively belong! Be careful in that sun, it’s really easy to get ROASTED in no time! You might know this...😃

Good to hear you’re getting on with it Jeff! I’m keeping your old friend company over here, I tell you what...maybe it’s a difference in our dirt??...it is doing VERY well. Maybe it’s where they respectively belong! Be careful in that sun, it’s really easy to get ROASTED in no time! You might know this...😃
Ha ha, yeah no kidding about the sun. I spent a lot of hours yesterday INSIDE my 21 foot AG pool cleaning it before I filled it. Of course yesterday was a NO CLOUDS day. I fried.
The Etrac, I am just glad you finally got it!
I have no doubt you will find the goodies with it!

Ever since I got the XP Deus, my Equinox is lonely from sitting in the closet. The Equinox is now my beach and wet weather detector and the Deus is my everyday general purpose detector. Performance wise, they are pretty equal, but the Deus feels like a feather compared to the Equinox. I am 75 years old and I can swing the Deus all day long without my back hurting. And I do have Steve’s carbon fiber shaft and counterweight on my Equinox. The Deus still feels much better to me.

The Deus is right at the top for me. I used it since 2.0. Many great finds with the Deus. You are right when you say "like a feather"!
Awesome machine and now you got me wanting another! LOL

Psss, Don't tell any of the other beach hunters but my Equinox 800 has made my CTX 3030 wait on the sidelines as my backup machine and has forced my poor Excal II to stay sleeping in the closet.

Psss, Don't tell any of the other beach hunters but my Equinox 800 has made my CTX 3030 wait on the sidelines as my backup machine and has forced my poor Excal II to stay sleeping in the closet.
That's a good one!!
Those are 2 very good beach machines you are dissing!!
LOL

I only have one detector guess what it is? lol nice score!
Mark