Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This may come as a big surprise....

but I make knives! Among other things. Really wish I had the wherewithal to post photos. Would be great if someone would tell me how to do that and what I would need to do that. HH Keith. BTW I'm heading out from south central NM tomorrow heading for Missouri and the Ozarks. Been wanting to see that for years. I will stay in touch as much as possible. Taking my two Compadre's. My detector and my dog.

I let a neighbor and his father in law deer hunt on my property a few years ago. The father in law is also a knife maker and gave me one of his home brewed knifes as a thanks. A real beauty, impressibe craftsmanship. And yes they got themselves a deer meal that day.

Far as posting pics, find one of those photo websites, i use photobucket.
Open up two windows, one for the photo website and one for this forum, you'll need to switch back and forth making the whole process simpler.
Log onto the photo website in one of those windows then upload the pic file from your camera to that website typically using a USB cable from camera to PC.
Depending on the website and/or camera settings, the pixel size of the photo file might require down sizing. Lot of photo utilities to do this.
Once uploaded, the photo website will assign a unique web link for that pic which you can embed in your forum reply using Copy/Paste.
Copy the pic link from the photo website window then switch to the forum window and Paste the link into your reply.
Use the Preview function on this forum for experimenting before you final post.

Might not be that easy before you get the hang of it.
Best if you can get someone to show you how.

Anything is easy once you know how to do it.

WOW! I wish you a great adventure! :clapping: Stay in touch and let us know about it!
Mud

Stuck in Arkalon CG 10 miles east of Liberal, KS with mechanical difficulties. The old van is just too tired. Thought I could get one more quality trip out of it but I guess it's not to be. Heading home tomorrow while I think I still have a good chance of making it and have a few $$$ left. I have to admit that it's time to retire the old van. It's a 1984 Dodge with 178000 miles. Almost as old as me. Think happy thoughts for our success. Me and my pup. Thanks, Keith

Bummer! Well, its still an adventure...too bad you didnt make it into the Ozarks, you would have fell right in with those people...good folks, they would appreciate a guy like you...
Mud

Thanks guys. We made it home ok but now without a little pucker power. High winds and rain for many miles. Worst part was between Carizozo, NM and Tularosa NM. I didn't think the wind could blow that hard. Home safe and now have to take the van to the front end and brake shop to see what the problems are. Did get one chance to swing the Compadre at Ute Lake St. Park. Found $1.63 in change. Have to take the pup to the vet at 11:30 today to see what her problem is. Maybe just a change in her schedule. Living in a van is much different. Later, Keith

Forgot to mention. Trip was not a loss because I found out how NOT to go to Missouri. First one does not take hwy 54!!! That has to be the armpit of US highways! Rougher than a washboard dirt road and 18 wheelers crawling all over you, and only 2 lanes. Second is don't take a worn out old van to make the trip. HH Keith