Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

this mornings hunt

thsfineday

Hi all, well like most of us, I got up this morning with thought of silver coins to be found. I had my coffee and made my way out the door before the wife hands me the honey do list. My next thought was "where to go". There are so many people in my area that hunt that it hard to find a place that hasn't been hit already. So I make my way to a little unknown school only to find someone else there. I sit there for a few minute just to see what he is hunting with and I watch this guy moving like there is no tomorrow. The sad thing is, he isn't filling his holes. Nothing hurts us more , is someone who doesn't fill their holes and one day we aren't allowed to hunt school yards. So I decided to say hi to this guy. I walk over to where he is and he kinda shots me this "get away from me look". I tell him that I am also out detecting this morning and he says" so what". I"m thinking to myself what a jerk, but I hold back.I told him that I will find somewhere else to go but it would be nice if he would fill his holes before he left. So without saying anything else I left.I drove a few miles down the road to another school and saw that some one had already been there.Thinking that it might be this other guy I unpacked my detector to see if he left any goodies. I started with the swings where I start to find some clad coins. With the speed he was going at, I knew he had missed some things, but I didn't think he missed this much. The pictures below show what he had missed. after about 1 1/2 hours I decided to head home but I wanted to stop by the other school to see if he had filled those holes. I walk over to the wood chips only to see holes everywhere. Great, I spend the next 20 minutes filling those holes. Maybe next time I wont be so nice to this guy.Next time I will get my detector out and start swinging next to him and just smile

WTG on the finds. That sucks about the guy!! He's an idiot.:thumbup:

Nice haul. Jerks tend to leave a lot behind including unfilled holes - many of which I have filled. Several years ago I had this park attendant take me around this big park and show me holes two feet in diameter left by some mind boggling jerk. I've seen jerks like this come onto school grounds and into parks with a full-sized shovel. People like this shouldn't be allowed near a detector. Too bad there isn't a test before you can own one to weed the idiots out..

Bill

Nice hunt! Too bad about that jerk that didn't fill in his holes. Man that burns me up!!!:rant:You should have taken pictures of the guy and posted it on all the detecting forum sites:lmfao:"Beware of Jerk":rofl:

You did well in that jerks hunted out area.
Some people have no clue or common sense and that puts us in bad light by the public.
Unfortunately your forced to correct the problems some one else creates.!

What a fool , i would have told him to fill the holes , thats disrespect to the hobby.. u did good out there in finds WTG ...

Tom

Great Hunt and finds. Threating to call police to put some fear into him. Or just shoot him...haha JK.

Alan

This is what I would have done: Go over and talk to him and tell him to fill his holes, nicely. If he says no take out your camera take a pic. of him, his holes, and his license plate.:devil: Then walk back over to him and tell him what you've done. Tell him that if he doesn't fill his holes the cops will be called.:devil:

No one should have to clean up after someone else.