Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This old dog can still hunt!

gfatizzi

As my staycation was nearing it's end, I decided to hit the Hudson River banks this morning at low tide with my trusty Sov XS. It's been pretty pounded over the years (at least be me) but I was able to muster two silver dimes in the hour and a half hunt. A 1903 Barber and 1941 Merc! Also got two Wheats: a trashed 1939 and a 1941. Had a great time and really enjoyed the awesome weather today. My wife even tagged along to catch some sun. Hope everyone is staying safe and doing some detecting as well. I'm heading back again tomorrow! HH George
IMG_20200606_121125.jpg
IMG_20200606_114955_01.jpg
me.jpg

Last edited:
Old Dog?? I hope you were talking about the detector. You are still a young punk compared to me. Nice finds.

Old Dog?? I hope you were talking about the detector. You are still a young punk compared to me. Nice finds.
Yeah the detector is almost 25 yrs old! Pretty amazing when you consider how the Sovereign has held it's own with all the "new" technology out there.

I started about 8 years ago with the GT. The longer I use it the better we get along. It is a coin finding machine and once in a blue moon it will find a piece of jewelry other than silver. The Sovereigns will finds the goods.

As my staycation was nearing it's end, I decided to hit the Hudson River banks this morning at low tide with my trusty Sov XS. It's been pretty pounded over the years (at least be me) but I was able to muster two silver dimes in the hour and a half hunt. A 1903 Barber and 1941 Merc! Also got two Wheats: a trashed 1939 and a 1941. Had a great time and really enjoyed the awesome weather today. My wife even tagged along to catch some sun. Hope everyone is staying safe and doing some detecting as well. I'm heading back again tomorrow! HH GeorgeView attachment 4339View attachment 4340View attachment 4341
Nice work George, the Sovreign is a killer machine.

Yeah the detector is almost 25 yrs old! Pretty amazing when you consider how the Sovereign has held it's own with all the "new" technology out there.
Good to hear you are still detecting with the Sovereign and like I always say once you know the Sovereign well you will always have one in reserve , I still have one with the meter I got from you but it sits on the wall with my Equinox 800 as my health dont let me out much in the last year or so, but I may sell the Equinox, but not my Sovereign even though it is heavy I will figure out something if I can get out.

Good Luck George

Been trying some new equipment the old Sovereign can still hunt with the big dogs. Sometimes I'll use my 21x17 this coil is deep and will still separate. Nice post Thanks Ron

Good to hear you are still detecting with the Sovereign and like I always say once you know the Sovereign well you will always have one in reserve , I still have one with the meter I got from you but it sits on the wall with my Equinox 800 as my health dont let me out much in the last year or so, but I may sell the Equinox, but not my Sovereign even though it is heavy I will figure out something if I can get out.

Good Luck George
Rick, you are one of the best Sovereign users around, learned a lot from you over the years. Yea I sold my Deus, Equinox and Two Noktas. For me the Sovereign works much better. Thanks Ron