Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This question will most likely be deleted

2 Much Trash

But I'm gonna take a shot at it anyway. I hunt with a t2 se and a t2 se/dst. At the risk of causing a skirmish. What advantage over those detectors will there be should I purchase the Racer. Question is for you guys familiar with both. :please:

the racer can handle the badd ground far better and will still give a good number - in my opinion the T2 is obsolete and for less money. tel ya when i seen the Racer nab a civil war bullet thru some nasty mineralized dirt and the T2 was silent I stopped looking at the T2 just my honest thoughts not trying to be nasty or mean

kaolinwasher said:
the racer can handle the badd ground far better and will still give a good number - in my opinion the T2 is obsolete and for less money. tel ya when i seen the Racer nab a civil war bullet thru some nasty mineralized dirt and the T2 was silent I stopped looking at the T2 just my honest thoughts not trying to be nasty or mean

Appreciate that Gunnar. :thumbup:

The Turkish machines will see way more targets, a lot more metal, than the T2 units and identify them nicely. I call it small debri masking which is what is going on. If you've seen some of my videos you'll see I have a very hard time finding the good target with a pinpointer per there is so much metal trash in the dirt I just flipped over. It's a find it and move it to the side then find another piece and do the same thing. What you will notice in the video, the target is still seen by the machine even with that much trash. I have to rescan quite often just per the amount of metal and pinpointers don't discriminate the iron and aluminum there. But the detector still sees the good target. Try that with most any machine, it won't work or either you'll have to dig it all.

I saw that video bro and that was an eye opener for me as well. I believe that was mineralized dirt from Culpepper, VA.

kaolinwasher said:

Separation, Separation, Separation!!!!!!! With tone(s) to decipher good targets from junk!!! Simple to operate!!! Menu allows for quick toggling between AM, 2 tone, 3 tone, Beach modes. Steadier TID on average!!!!

squirrel1 said:
Separation, Separation, Separation!!!!!!! With tone(s) to decipher good targets from junk!!! Simple to operate!!! Menu allows for quick toggling between AM, 2 tone, 3 tone, Beach modes. Steadier TID on average!!!!
How long before you sell your's ? LOL!

I have the racer, sold the T2 2 yrs ago.
Racer handles my bad ground better, and quieter. I like the Racer audio better. I like the lighted screen, and auto track. The racer has better depth/ VDI.
The T2 with the 5" coil was deeper in boost verses the Racer w/5" coil.
The racer is not perfect, but I like it better than the F70 & T2 I had .

I have a lot of hours with a T2 and F75. And just got a Racer. I saw the video you are referring to and have spent several hunts up there hunting in Culpeper, Virginia. My soil here is very close to Culpeper soil. I have a .58 minie buried in my yard at approx 6-7 inches deep that the Racer wont make a peep on no matter what you do. In 2 tone, 3 tone, or all metal. The T2 and F75 will make 1 way hits on it in disc mode but will blast it in all metal. So don't be thinking the Racer is gonna show pulse machine power in the bad soil. And be very weary of videos that are done by folks who are selling the detector they are showing has the upper hand. For kicks and giggles though, I would like to see them test the machines with that rock from Culpeper like they did with the Blisstool.

While not as deep, it could handle the soil better.

Racer if very similar in ID and operation as the T2 but has the rolled/blended tones like a AT Pro which, IMO, is what the FTP machines have lacked. I makes for a very nice machine.

Des D said:
"Why should this Q get deleted? It's a perfectly logical one!"

I guess because, at least from my experience, comparing one detector to another on most forums gets some folks' hackles up.:beers:

2 Much Trash said:
JFlynn said:
Done parted with the aluminum lovin Deus and might be fixing to let that CTX go.

Aren't all detectors aluminum lovin'?
Moat detectors like to say ID can slaw and give a pretty good dig me signal. Racer on 3 tone gives TID, bit the tone on can slaw is different than a coin/higher quality metal.
Granted if the can slaw is rolled up or bent making it thicker, the Racer can be fooled at times.

squirrel1 said:
2 Much Trash said:
JFlynn said:
Done parted with the aluminum lovin Deus and might be fixing to let that CTX go.

Aren't all detectors aluminum lovin'?
Moat detectors like to say ID can slaw and give a pretty good dig me signal. Racer on 3 tone gives TID, bit the tone on can slaw is different than a coin/higher quality metal.
Granted if the can slaw is rolled up or bent making it thicker, the Racer can be fooled at times.

Sounds just like my t2:thumbup:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2150674,2150870#msg-2150870

kaolinwasher said:

Gunnar, have you used the t2se