Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This rang a solid 16 on the Nox 800. I thought it was going to be a gold coin. Depressing.

Ohio Can Slaw

20230212_184848.jpg

Last edited:
Although I have been a ardent turf hunter all the five decades I've been doing this, I never was a "dig it all" type of hunter. Back in the early 90's using CZ Fisher detectors when I started digging nickel readings, I began to find the occasional gold ring. This followed true when I went to the F 75 and a few other detectors. Along the way I also began to dig all cent/zinc readings and larger rings like class rings were being recovered. For a long time now, by digging all nickel range readings and cents (which occasionally are a bottle cap, but do have a bigger feel to them then do cents) I've averaged about 5 gold rings a year. It still, though, boils down a lot to location....and spots within locations. HH Jim Tn

I dug all this last month with my Equinox thinking it was going to be gold.....I'm so tired :)
This is a reality of metal detecting. None of the metal detecting shows will never show you this. They want you to think every signal / target is an old coin, historic relic or a piece of expensive jewelry. Thank you Dan for posting your museum of “fine dug art” 😂😂

All the gold in (insert state) is in a bank in the middle of (insert city) in somebody else’s name…….
Gatlin’s had to be detector guts……🤔😂