Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This Sundays efforts

sillllvar

Hello folks

My 4th trip out with the SE and I'm starting to see that I should have had one of these machines a long time ago...Now I know why someone in the UK that I know has found 4 bronze age axes. Man does this machine punch down into the ground on copper/bronze! I am hunting with the screen pretty wide open...almost all metal. I am looking for the old stuff out here in the USA (though I'll take any sort of sillllvar :crylol:) and as I said before it's farm/forest/cellar holes are where I love to hunt. So myself and my mate went off into the woods to look at two separate cellar hole sites. The 1700's buckle came from the first hole, a massive cellar hole with a huge barn. The site was occupied until recent times until it burnt down...so it was a trashy place and FULL of iron. He managed a nice looking "fattie" injun head and I pulled out the buckle. It was crazy because there were Iron signals all around the buckle but amongst those sounds there was that high pitched tone like a large bit of copper makes...so I dug and there she was yeah baby!! What's neat is that it has the makers initials pressed into the buckle..cool.

We went to explore another hole after lunch. I think it had been well cleaned by another of our brethren...not many targets left. Either that of the people who lived there had not too much to lose. I did mange the wee buckle with the bird on...kinda nice. You don't find those sort of buckles over in the UK...guess they are unique to the states? What period are they from guys?

Thanks for looking
HH
Alan

Nice finds!

Was the buckle repeatable from different directions in the iron? One of the things I'm currently trying to figure out a lot of time is where to dig in that situation (since pinpoint tends not to do much w/ multiple pieces around--sure wish we could toggle the ratcheting off).

BlackX the machine was going crazy with the all the sounds kinda mixing and jumping all over the place. But that really high pitch silver quarter/large bit of copper object sound that I have experienced came in amongst it all. The cross-hair seemed to be locking on up in the right hand corner and then it would bounce over to the left. As far as pinponting I was able to get it out with two shovel scoops. Such a big target..SO very happy that I did not chop it in two!! Hope that helps.

HH
Alan

Nice buckle...but the one with the bird on it I am not sure it is a buckle ...it looks like one I found and it reminds me of some sort of calander hanger...not sure just a guess.

Thanks for the comments lad's..wow I thought more people would have commented. Maybe these 1700's buckles are not so sort after in the US. I love to find em intact cause in the UK most of em are torn to wee bits and pieces from the plow. Guess next weekend I'll have to find some colonial silver to match the buckle :yikes: Maybe that will be more worthy :detecting:

HH
Alan