Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Those with 5.75 and 8" Compadre?

tab-nabit

For those who have both the 5.75 and 8", which do you find using or liking the most?
I have 5.75 and been thiking of getting another with 8" but since I seem to detect mostly in trashy area (but not always), I haven't decided yet if I want to add the 8" or not.

I have the 5.75 coil version and like it alot,I'm getting around 6" of depth but in really good soil I have dug some targets at almost the 7" depth.he 5.75 is great with dealing with the trash and the pinpoint is dead on.I thought about buying an 8" model but opted for a Silver Sabre II with the 7" coil,right now the Sabre II is at Tesoro getting a repair done and a tune up.If you decide to go with the 8" model Compadre you might havesome trouble in real trashy areas due to the coil size but using it in more open areas with less trash it will do great for covering more ground and you'll gain a little more depth.

I bought the 8 inch coil and strictly bought it to use in fields to hit the heavy iron patch AFTER I have hunted it a few times with my etrac, and I tell you it does wonders in the heavy iron, actually I will say it amazes me at how fast the recovery is! I tried my buddies with the 5 inch coil and I cannot tell any difference at all using the larger coil in the iron....except it gets more depth. I am HIGHLY pleased with it, and it is worth every penny

Thanks for the replies. After thinking about it for a bit, I think I'll go ahead and add the 8" instead of having two Compadre's with 5.75 coils.
Speaking of the 8" now available, does this mean the 5.75 Compadre's are going away? or will Tesoro continue to market both the 5.75 and 8"?

Anyone know when they stopped making the compadre with the 7" coil. I had one of those quite awhile ago but I dont see them listed anywheres now, just the 5.75 and 8" coils. That 7" coil was pretty light to swing.

Neil said:
Anyone know when they stopped making the compadre with the 7" coil. I had one of those quite awhile ago but I dont see them listed anywheres now, just the 5.75 and 8" coils. That 7" coil was pretty light to swing.

Just a guess, everyone was asking for the 8" and they were a stock item for most of the umax machines..............easier to make as well?
Too bad as the concentric 7" coil was and is very popular...............

The original Compadre was made I think around 2000,not sure when they stopped making the original 7"coil model.Also the original replaced the Amigo II.