Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thoughts and Questions on Iron Falsing: Part I -The Wrap-Around-Effect

nimbus

I have been plagued with the wrap-around-effect in a park that should contain coins like everyone is finding in their parks (there are historical references from the 1700's for this park). So I have been reading as much as I can about this effect trying to understand if it is preventing me from hearing the good sounds or seeing the good numbers. I selected random sections of the park and tried every trick and tip that I ever read here. Trying it with one setting then going back over the same section again with a different set up, but I'm not finding the good stuff. and I don't want to dig every questionable signal cause I might as well get a bulldozer and plough the place up there are just so many of them.

I recently read the X-terra's version of Andy's E-trac book that Minelab has posted on their web site. The E-book is written by Randy Horton (AKA Digger). He described the "wrap-around-effect" or "phase wrap" or "phase shift" or what-ever you call the phenomenon of how a detector's discrimination capabilities decides where to place a target that has a high ferrous property and long time constant (the real name for conductive properties). Does it go at the very end or at the very beginning? Digger used the very good analogy of a compass: 0 degrees is the same as 360 degrees- both numbers occupy the same location on the compass scale. So where does the E-trac place these types of signals? At the lower right or upper middle? I see my signals being all over the place wrapping around the scale. Signals sound and look good then progress to bad and trashy then back up to the 1-30 back down to good numbers. Digging yields mostly iron but once in a while a wheat penny. NO SILVER! I know the E-trac is very good and Minelab has the best technology, but what else can I do?

Understanding that Digger was writing for VLF detectors, and most of info that I read within Findmall and other sites referred to VLF as well, I did find some references to the E-trac on iron falsing relating specifically to the wrap-around effect. I am asking if anyone else has any insight on the wrap-around-effect and its potential to mask good targets by generating false signals using the E-trac. And yes I have tried TTF and used the Quick Mask screen repeatedly.,and yes I have tried many different coil swing speeds.

The only other possibility is that a hoard of E-trac users invaded this park and cherry picked the entire park long long ago and left me with zinc pennies and a few wheats. and its a BIG park.

I think Minelab has fixed your problem with the New CTX-3030 it has treasure tracking, it shows two signals on the screen at same time.....NGE