Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thoughts on a new multi freq coil for beach hunting

therover

This has probably been brought up thousands of times, but now that the HF coils are out, and their design is a bit different than the LF coils in that the battery is extended on a cable, do you think XP will broaden that design and make a MF coil that is water proof, has the antenna built into the cable along with the battery, the battery and coil now being charged via at the end of the cable, with a waterproof cap at the end.

The cable would look similar to the HF cable now and fit snug into the end of the lower shaft, but the end cap is now waterproofed.

So looking forward to a new MF coil that can be submerged, hunt better than the LF in beach mode in wet salt sand and suds, with no loss of signal, with the ability to charge the coil via a cable rather than via the clamp.

Not sure exactly what you’re asking... the HF coils will do all you ask, except there’s no built in antenna.
Keep in mind that would require the antenna to extend beyond the end of the lower rod (assuming you’re asking to submerge beyond that) to approach the receiver. So depending on whether you have a waterproofed remote or a headset, this length will vary.

The external battery already uses a waterproof connector, so there’s no need to seal the end of the lower shaft. In fact that would trap air and be counter productive. (Unless I’m not understanding what you’re suggesting) Maintaining the charging via the clip is for consistency.

I think the HF coils are a great alternative for gold on saltwater beaches and in shallow water.

I hope I understood what you were asking correctly! Apologies if I misinterpreted.

At this point I do not have a HF coil, so did not know the end was already waterproof.

I was under the impression if the Deus coil is submerged ( lets say in a foot of water), the signal to the remote is potentially lost, hence the need for an antenna. So my thought was since the new HF design already had a cable coming out of it ( which the LF coils do not), then the next iteration of coil design could have an antenna as part of it...for submerged coil hunting.

Not sure how well the HF coils would work on the salt water beaches here in NJ. I may end up getting one to try out, and it could always be a super dry sand unit hunting for gold jewelry if it does not work well in the salt water sandy beaches.

Been hunting NJ beaches for over 30 years...I know all too well single frequency units to not compare to multi frequency VLF units in the wet sand and suds. Some single frequency VLF's cannot even ground balance and if they do, you have to run the discrimination high enough to cancel out the effects of the salt water and hence discriminating out a lot of potential great targets.

I have tried to run my Deus LF coils in the wet sand here, running Beach program and several other programs with adjustments. The Deus with the LF 9 inch or 11 inch does not work nearly as well as I would like it to. So I was wondering if a new Multi Frequency coil along with a software update to have a new Salt Water Beach program was in the works.

The wireless design, no cable from coil to unit, can run with remote or headphones alone, several coil options and great performance is why he Deus will stay in my arsenal. I have lots of other options for salt water beach hunting but I would love to see a XP come out with a new product that can get better performance than what is offered now. But I also know salt water beach hunting is a niche market and since there are lots of other options, it may not be beneficial for the company to do so.

Thanks for the reply.

I've run into the same problem I hunt beaches all winter and do ok with the deus with a modified program but I've just settled on a Equinox 800 as my beach machine

I think there is a lot of us Beach hunters that have other machines for the salt water that would like to have a better coil or program that would handle the salt water. With all the frequencies that the Deus has i don't know why it can't be a multi frequency machine. I us the Deus all the time in the dry sand but i would like to go back and forth in wet and dry sand, it seems that what ever detector i choose for that day at the beach it is not the right one. The wet program is so so but not much good for targets more than 2" deep with a lot of noise to put up with. I have tried several programs , ground balancing several times but not very good. Have to keep going back to my heavy water detector.

I trek onto the beach with my Deus and start in the dry sand where it excels. I travel up and and down for awhile and then venture into the wet sand and find I need to go back to the truck for my other unit because the Deus isn't cutting it there. Would love to be able to switch over to a program that uses at least 2 frequencies ( similar to the CZ's or even the DFX) where it can run and hold its own in the wet, salt sand.

Can't find any settings, frequencies or anything that makes the Deus usable to the extent I can continue hunting for a few hours in the wet sand with it. I mean I can make due with sub-par results but who wants to do that ?

Have to always revert back to my CZ's, FBS units or if the conditions are right, my PI.

I want to be able to use that Deus all day on the beach in both the dry and wet sand. And I bet XP is working on something. May be awhile but I have a feeling they will offer up something that will make the Deus a formidable wet salt sand hunter. May not be on par with BBS/FBS/PI units but enough to not want to put it back in the truck for another unit. The ability hunt for hours with it due to it's light weight and wireless features is so nice.

Just my wish.

My thoughts exactly. Therover, i will hold off for a while too, use the Sand Shark in the wet but the weight of the unit is not good on this old back, would love to use the Deus all day for both wet and dry