Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Three hour hunt at new permission Today

Scarfoot

Three silver coins in three hrs on a site i have been hunting for 15 yrs they did some dirt work and scraped it a bit, was hoping for civil war relics but only found a couple of fired minie-balls , ill take the silver...

Attachments

• KIMG1489.JPG
    KIMG1489.JPG
    919.3 KB · Views: 289
That's a nice collection any day! Any date on the seated quarter? I am currently on a seated drought at the moment, I have 3 shield nickel's for the month but no lady liberty seated.
HH Jeff

Its actually a seated dime-1850, a seated half dime-1856, Went back in there today, thinking i found the hotspot and pulled out two miniballs and no coins, go figure, you never know.

Wow ... what a killer hunt - a big congrats !

Nice finds reminds me of my first barber half this summer but I also found two SLQ's right near by one a 1917 looks like it was dropped the day it was minted in a collage yard.
Mark

WOW! Still looking for my first seated coin, any seated coin!
I've got my eye on a spot, just waiting for the scraping to begin, hopefully I'll get some goodies when that happens.

I guess it really depends on how you hunt/ what your hunting for, As to how many older coins you will find by U.S. standards, that barber was the third one I've ever found. I hunt civil war camp sites and ive found 20+/- seated coins dating prior to the war and 16 spanish silver coins dating from, 1765 to 1812, Also a handful of early 1800's large cents. Most of the sites I hunt didnt have any post war habitation or very little.

Just thinking out loud

Great finds! I'm still hunting for a seated myself, always cool to see someone find one. A buddy of mine found one on top of the dirt in a freshly plowed field near a small pond he fishes in, I'm thinking there must have been a homesite nearby. Working on finding the owner so I can check it out. Congrats on a great day!