Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

THREE SILVER SPILL.....YEAH BABY!

DigginVt

Had 15-30 minutes to hunt tonight after a long day at work. There is a defunct boys camp from the 1920's, its within sight of my house. It stopped being a camp in the 60's and an older couple spends two months a summer there, his father started the camp. I have hunted this quite a bit, its nice and close and there are not many new targets. Lots of wheat's, deep and corroded, they ring in 12/38-39, a little lower than normal. Well I was going to post a recap when I felt I was completely done searching there for the season, but....

Found a wheat, swung left, got a choppy 12/38-41 on the CTX, with a high tone finish. I have learned to listen to the tones here, they mean more than the numbers. I said "I'm digging this" to myself and out loud, like I'm sure many of us do. Popped the plug, pin pointed and scooped a hand full, a small accordion of silver spread out. HOLY SHIT I yelled, my first silver spill and a GREAT one. Scanned the hole, had another signal and found a 3" rusty nail in the same side as the Q's. That would explain the rust spot. And after that I called it a day.

[attachment 266362 Dirty3Qspill.jpg]

1900, 1903 Barbers, 1924 SLQ

[attachment 266361 Clean3Qspill.jpg]

Thanks for looking!

HH, Quack

#%^*+]{<>

:clap:Sweet spill !! Congrats !! :clap:

Very nice spill, I have yet to find a Barber Quarter or a Standing Liberty Quarter.

All three silver coins cleaned up really well. Congrats
on some great finds.....:wiggle:

Killer ! :beers:

Ooooooh, baby! Congrats!!!:clapping:

Had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago. I was in an area of the woods that I had covered many times and came upon a stump that I knew I had been around before. I had stuck an old piece of can on the stump and forgot to take it out with me. I swung my coil around the one part of the stump and there was a couple tent stakes really stuck in the ground. At that point I went to the other side of the stump and got the broken tones. I must have given up on other trips at that point. This day I dug it and out popped 2 Silver Washington quarters and 3 mercury dimes. There also was some melted lead that was in the vacinity and a pull tab. Just goes to show that sometimes I dig everything and it pays off

Nice finds. When you pull out 2 Barbers and a Standing Liberty Quarter you can go home smiling. My first Barber half was the last of 17 coins out of the same hole. Shows you should always double check the whole.