Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Three WW-II dog tags in one day!!

comisoas

I still can't believe I found not one, but three, dog tags in about an hour and a half of hunting. I am sure there are more. It is Seymour Johnson AFB which was very active during WW-II after all. The small button is a Civil War cuff button. You cannot see it well in the photo, but there is an eagle with an "I" on the breast, which stands for Infantry. The backmark is "G. Floyd". I cannot find it in Albert's Button Book, so I called a buddy of mine who is an expert in CW items. He checked his books and cannot find this particular button but did find the manufacturer G. Floyd, who made buttons in the 1840's in Philadelphia. Cool. He said it may be an undiscovered and unpublished variety of cuff button. I will send feelers out to other collectors for info. Concerning the dog tags, I know a lady online who specializes in finding owners and relatives of dog tags. She found the daughter of the GI of the last tag I found. She lives in AZ and has her Dad's tag back as a result. She is in her 70's. That was one happy lady. What a great hobby. "Like" my FB page, BP's Treasure Hunting Lounge" to keep current on what I am finding.

Really nice finds. That is really cool digging those WWII era dog tags...knowing there is a person and history behind each one.

Very cool !