Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Threshhold Ramping up during use

erjtej

Hey Guys! Anyone have a problem on the Excal II with the threshhold slowly increasing during use? It has happened to me a couple times and I have finally powered it down and reset and it is fine. I checked for anything in the coil cover, etc. When it does this I continually reduce the threshhole until it finally turns the machine off. Strange. Other than that everything is great. Found over 20 gold rings, over 30 silver rings and close to a hundred costume rings. Hunting if fresh water. Any help will be appreciated. I plan on having a couple mods done during off season, headphones and coils. Thanks! Earl.

I Noticed several Excalibur ll's That had the Defect you described.
Basically its a faulty low battery alert indicator circuit, Your not getting an audible alert you when the battery voltage is to low.
So As you operate your excal2 the battery voltage decreases causing the threshold to increase.
During this time the excal2 begins to start acting erratically and you have to keep on readjusting the threshold until the point were you eventually turn off the detector while continually trying to adjust lower the threshold.

the minute i go over a piece of iron or quarter it goes up and will stay up until i either swing my scoop back over it to lower it or it goes over a pull tab, gold ring, nickel............something similar........s/s.

when it hits the above items and raises, if i turn it down to a nicer pitch threshold and then swing my scoop back over it, it becomes silent..............until it hits another higher piece of crap.

f y i

Exactly Grave Digger mine does the same thing. That just means it's working. My threshold knob is around 11 or 12 o'clock for my ears. One swipe with my scoop resets mine back down. When I hunt in PP it stays the same as it should. I check mine with different targets to make sure it works properly. HH :minelab: