Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Threshold constantly blanking out, all help is greatly appreciated !!!

SwampeR

Problem with threshold constantly blanking out, I have tried my sensitivity down to 14, several noise cancels, different channels. I also tried gonehuntings settings. I do not believe this site to be overloaded with trash, my Etrac handled it fairly well. Still a lot to learn, going back out to try some new settings, need to put this issue behind me and move on to the next challenge. Thanks to all who can help, I'm out and will check back to let you know what I can find on my own. HH

Open up your screen with zero descrim and see how much trash is actually there. I am surprised on just how many sites I think would be clean aren't. This will explain the null.

Remember, this machine is NOT a E-Trac.

Threshold null or blanking out is caused by discrimination. It's the machines way of telling you that you just passed over something that you have discriminated out. Try pattern two in coin mode or any preloaded pattern and remove the bottom line of discrimination. You should get no more nulling. You will tone on everything however.

The CTX seems better at finding the little bits of iron and ect. I tested it in my coin garden which I had hunted out as in no signals with wide open screen with both the V3i and Etrac with 18 inch coil. It was quiet until I tried it with the CTX. Found several targets of iron and steel. Will have to clean it out again now. You might be surprised when you open up the screen. CTX is so fast at recovery you can hit multiple targets very fast.