Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TID on deep targets ?

targits

i have always wondered if on deep targets the tid numbers default to low numbers which gives misleading info indiating its ironish material? especially on mineralised soil

I’ve dug quite a few deep targets that buzzed iron and only showed TID in one direction. When dug from large depth were positive non ferrous targets. After checking the hole they were the only thing there. Things get funny at the edge of detection. Having a test garden to learn the sounds of targets at depth is key to more finds in the pouch.
Detecting location
Size of target
Target depth
Get out there

Look at it this way Targits. When I take my reading glasses off, I know I have a book in my hand but I have no idea if the book is written in English or some other 500 possible languages. On those extra deep targets, your metal detector has taken off its reading glasses and is just guessing at the language. ;)

i have always wondered if on deep targets the tid numbers default to low numbers which gives misleading info indiating its ironish material? especially on mineralised soil
Get a lil excited when there is no tid on the target, more times then not, its a goody.

so there is no item that can be a 00 TID ? or a 01 02 03 ? it just doesnt apply to anything man made ??

I'm pretty sure there are items that can read 00,01,02,03. Your first question was about targets that didn't show an ID number. That can be because its a deep target on the fringe of being seen by the detector. Your second question has to do with a target's conductivity, size, type of metal, etc.

i did a test on some no TIDs to low TIDS and took home a bag of soil as i couldnt see anything to cause them despite the pointer seeing something ..analysis of the soil showed some small bits of steel wire about .4mm ..possbly a fire was there in the past