Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tidbits of info on the V3i Upgrade

andreak77

Hey everyone,
Here are some answers to a few lingering questions.

Yes, you can send your detector to the Factory for the upgrades, however they have a quite a backlog of V3's to upgrade. SO, the best thing to do right now is to please wait about 3 weeks (May 10, 2010) before sending your unit to the factory for the upgrades. We are in Florida and we are going to be one of the locations doing the upgrades. We expect to have everything we need to do the upgrades in about 2 weeks - We will let everyone know when we're up and running.

At this time there is no "expiration date" for getting the upgrade -and we don't imagine there will be one, but if there is a change we will let you know.

Just a quick question for those who have had the Upgrade. I read on another forum that the Rx probe feature has been deleted from the V3i. Any truth in this?

TIA.

ramases said:
Just a quick question for those who have had the Upgrade. I read on another forum that the Rx probe feature has been deleted from the V3i. Any truth in this?

TIA.

From what iv heard it has been deleted. It has been found to be very inaccurate.

Yes, it is gone.

Coil test should be done as Larry posted in the stickies at the top of the forum. You can still see the info - noise and signal strength, just not a recommended gain. The detector will no longer try to second guess your ground.

Even though White's tried to to make it simple and easy to set the RX by the recommended setting, it proved to be more confusing than helpful. I found that I could always up the RX by 4-5 more numbers than what the V3 suggested with great results. Again, the RX is not all that important of a setting in my opinion, RX gain is the receiving amplifier making the deeper targets hit harder. Your sensitivity discrimination is your main setting for maximum depth and that is what I always set first. I increase to instability and back it down 2-3 notches, then I adjust the RX for the ground I am hunting in using the same process as for the Sensitivity. The RX in my ground seldom changes and more often than not, I don't even bother with the RX, set it, forget it.