Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TIDs Vary with Options on the CTX3030

mrmetaldetector

I have been using the CTX-3030 since well, forever. I still am not a pro and do not claim to be. I use Ferrous Coin and deep. I use the Large coil (yup lots of Popeye jokes)
Attached here is a list of Target IDs that work with these settings and coil. I did this as I do see a difference with different coils and choices and the TIDs can vary with each choice you change.
Open screen, I have not noticed much difference on depth and well always wondered if its really worth it. Many have said that it does. TIDs, I have always considered a basic starting point.
Just remember that a pull tab or pop top can produce target IDs identical to a ring or even clumped aluminum.

What I was hoping to get from this post was some suggestions on how you guys actually (I have heard tell some can) know the difference between a ring and trash/pulltabs etc..

Do you have a great suggested program you use? Does it vary from land to sand?

Let me know..

(* Admin I apologize if I posted this in the wrong area in advance if you feel it belongs elsewhere just move it and let me know.)

Jess

I agree TIDs do vary and they are starting points to ID the metal which also can vary with soil, moisture, depth, near targets and EMI. One of the biggest factors can be running to high of sensitivity. These coils are supposed to be calibrated........ but with the amount of soil they have to process a TID can really change.

Sorry Mr. Wooden....totally agree with above. The best way to see some screwy numbers is to have the manual Sens cranked!